• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Certs

GregNZ101

DPI']

[quote name='GregNZ101 said:

he did but my car was well above 100mm, i don't like scraping everywhere. ;D

/quote]

For a certed vehicle, the 100mm rule does not apply.

What rule does apply? when is it to low?

When the certifier thinks it's too low...

You could have a car only 50mm from ground and still be certified as being safe and legal...

The 100mm rule is there as a catch all for cars that haven't been certed.

Old Skool Subbie']

[quote name='4WDFTW said:

shouldnt matter for gearboxes... i know increasing the engine size/ converting to turbo requires it..

best bet is to ring a local certifier.. actually its best to go and see the certifier before you begin modifications. that way youll know what his rules are and what the law allows and he be able to give you better idea on what to do. this mite end up saving you thousands of dollars as well. :)

/quote]

Converting turbo doesnt require one unless it upgrades the power in the car by a certain percentage.... i think? i may be wrong?

IM pretty sure you need a cert to turbo a car no mater what?

How can you prove that you car is under the 15% power bracket (i think its 15%)?

then again when you forge & bigger turbo and do get more than 15% power then there no way the cops can prove against it

I Sort of enquired about this with LTSA.

They did say about you can have up to 15 or so % ( maybe it was 25% at the time?) increase before needing cert.

Before I goy my 2nd XT6 I had plan to fit a XT6 motor into a Turbo EA82 Vortex ( 134BHP ) and fit the ER27 ( 150BHP ) 6 cylinder in.

With in the LTSA rules I was Just and only Just to be able to do it.

I Didnt Go down that track since I managed to pic up another one.

last time i checked you only needed to cert if you increased power by 20% or more but that was bout 3yrs ago.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Status Updates

• MrSg9Sti04

Afternoon team,
      im new to the group first time posting. Im hoping some body can help me get my launch control all dialled in on my link g4x. Ive had the computer and car all tuned from chris at prestige awesome knowlegable guy super happy with the results but now im wanting to get my launch/anti lag all dialled in. Ive been reading multiple different forums etc all with different conflicking information which has made me nervious with what do i listen to this or that if you get what i mean. Now ive started to make myself familiar with my PClink software etc the past few weeks and im eager to learn how to do minor setups or tweaks etc so im not relieing on my tuner so much and obviously saving myself abit hurt in the back pocket. 
      Now back to the question at hand.... Im wondering if theres and one who could please share there knowledge and wisdom with setting all my values, timing, fuel etc when i have launch control armed and engaged, or even a launch tune file they can possibly send me to load onto my tune. Ive figured out the setup of my digital inputs turning launch control on etc and its obvisously on its pre set factory settings. It engages but doesnt sound the greatest or as angry as it should i feel. Hence reaching out to you good buggers. 

Cheers in advance for any info and help yous maybe able to give me.

Cheers Shaun
      · 0 replies
    • Joker  »  gotasuby

updated your DP's too : hope that's ok!
      · 0 replies
    • Joker  »  SAS

Updated your DP's to reflect your business page  
      · 0 replies
    • Joker  »  Nachoooo

Updated your Avatar : couldnt help myself  cheers!
      · 0 replies