Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Bung Starter Motor?

Ok check the cables to the stater motor from the battery.....

how did they check the starter motor and battery( they need to be load tested escpecially the battery measuring the voltage without load will prove nuffin)

try turning engine over by hand(use socket on front pully 22mm if i remeber right)

Chuffing noise could be that TURTLE is very unfit and after walking to his car is out of breath :)

Or his car has turned into a Steam Train

Ichi Ban said:

or the the steam could be coming out of TURTLES ears when it doesnt go brmmmmmm

This times 100000000000000000000000000000000000

Just tried new battery and no luck with that, same chuff as i turn key over, i can text you guys a video of what it sounds like if you PM me your number?

About to try turn it via the crank pully thing, i am assuming its the big one in the middle hahahahaha

So i managed to turn it over with a 22mm and bar thing. Made a slight clunk noise as i turned it, which i assume was because the engine was sitting so long. 3 weeks now. but after that turned with little ease. So i tried it with it in reverse, to make sure the GB was free, it rolled back as i turned the crank around, easy as. Tried to start again, CHUFF (voltage drops to 0 as i turn the key, is this normal??)

Tried firing it again, Nothing

Turned it over again, and made a small click as i turned the crank again.

Also tried this morning using the battery connected straight to the starter, another chuff and thats it.

:-(

Guest keltik

When you tested it with the battery connected straight to the starter, are you sure you sent voltage to the right parts? Sounds to me like the solenoid is clicking but the starter isnt spinning.

Id say take a chance and roll start the car....then get ready to push if that doesnt work

Its not a clicking noise though, which is what you would expect if the starter was poo.

It sounds like its wanting to turn, but is meeting some resistance along the way, stopping it turning. Yes i had it connected right, i got the guy at the auto elecs yesterday to show me which parts to test it with lol.

:oops: :roll: :roll: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

So just had Ichi ban over to check it out for me, seems it was just a slightly tired battery, as soon as we had hooked it up to his car for a jump it fired into life. After about 2 mins of cranking lol.

My thoughts for the worst were thankfully unfounded. As the battery was showing decent(ish) voltage i had discounted that completely. Not to mention the auto elec who told me it was most definatly not the battery :roll:

I will be replacing my battery on tuesday when the places open back up, any recomendations?

And this is why Turtle stays out of the tech forums hahahahahaha

Thanks heaps for that Ichi, i'm stoked not to eb driving my flatmates car tonight.

Exide +1

The poor wee Type R, has fouled up.

Sounded like it had a broken cambelt when it first started to turn over

Then picked up one cylinder at a time with the good old right shoe hard on the pedal

Hope all goes well, as I said you may need to change spark plugs as they were so fouled up

See how it goes, you'll know if they are needed as it will miss at top end or will be hard to start when cold

:) Rick