Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

V7 and above tuning

mattapo

D-Style']

[quote name='Dimonsta said:

Can i tune my 2000 impreza 20k this way? and how can i do it?

/quote]

yes you can,

You need 3x things,

1x Wideband sensor (LC1) $250

1X Tactrix Cable (Google limitless for nz supplier) $237

1x Laptop with 2x spare usb ports

then visit romraider.com pretty much your self tuning bible. If still not keen to tune or mess with the tables (Warning you could most likely blow your motor if playing with things)

You could pay someone to tune it for a easy $250usd, and they can do it over email, (etune)

All up, about the same price as finding a dyno tuner locally that can tune open source, and not ecutek.

You can use the Torque Performance guy for $150US. Very highly regarded on NASOIC. My Bro in-law has use him to tune his STi. He does tunes if you dont have a wide band.

Remote mapping without a wideband in my view is akin to playing russian roulette with your engine. I have mapped identical cars on paper with the same mods using my own base map as a starting point which I know to work well for that spec of car and the AFRs outcomes have been very different. In some cases up to 1 AFR point leaner which is enough to kill an engine if left uncorrected. There are multiple factors which can affect this. Without a wideband reading you have no way of knowing this. I\'m not trying to be a kill joy but keen we are all aware of the risks.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paimei']

/quote]

yes you can,

You need 3x things,

then visit romraider.com pretty much your self tuning bible. If still not keen to tune or mess with the tables (Warning you could most likely blow your motor if playing with things)

You could pay someone to tune it for a easy $250usd, and they can do it over email, (etune)

All up, about the same price as finding a dyno tuner locally that can tune open source, and not ecutek.

You can use the Torque Performance guy for $150US. Very highly regarded on NASOIC. My Bro in-law has use him to tune his STi. He does tunes if you dont have a wide band.

Remote mapping without a wideband in my view is akin to playing russian roulette with your engine. I have mapped identical cars on paper with the same mods using my own base map as a starting point which I know to work well for that spec of car and the AFRs outcomes have been very different. In some cases up to 1 AFR point leaner which is enough to kill an engine if left uncorrected. There are multiple factors which can affect this. Without a wideband reading you have no way of knowing this. I\'m not trying to be a kill joy but keen we are all aware of the risks.

this is completely true. we never ever tune without a wideband. its best practice to be prepared and go balls deep than do a half baked plan

• 4 weeks later...
 kwi_fozze said:

anyone had further luck with the carberry rom? or is willing to share progress? i\'m looking into setting myself up a revision of the tune, but would love to see how others have theirs set up

+1

B4_685 via Tapatalk HD

scylar']

/quote]

yes you can,

You need 3x things,

this is completely true. we never ever tune without a wideband. its best practice to be prepared and go balls deep than do a half baked plan

I do agree that wide band is best, but if you are experinced, you still can do a conservative tune without wideband.

Our case, we only had one tapping point for 02 sensor, The Nvidia Downpipe has a casted S/S flange which isnt really easily welded. On talking to the guy at Torque, he can do tuning without wideband, just its a conervative tune and takes a few more datalogs than normal. (every log there wasnt one knock correction logged)

When the Bro-in-law switches to E85, then wideband will be used.

Accurate AFR data is absolutely essential when mapping a performance turbo charged engine, \'conservative tune\' or otherwise. No amount of experience can guarantee the correct AFR without a feedback process to validate the result of the injector opening times on the map they have flashed onto your car.

I would be very wary of any tuner who relies on zero knock correction in isolation as an indicator of AFR. This is utter madness and the mark of a cowboy.

Maybe so...

They have a very high regard here in Aussie and on NASIOC. 100\'s of tune\'s to date. The Aussie Forums rate them more highly than the local tuners (who are over 2000kms distance from where we live)

I\'ll put my hand up and say I\'m not good at the finer details of Tuning MAP\'s, but with the amount of high reviews, the ease and helpfulness of the tuner via emails, and thae fact that $200 odd vs. Cost of Dyno tune 2000kms away. No problems to date, happy with results. TO some poeple on the CS, this might be a option.

Hell maybe some people on here could start up a side business doing same sort of thing......

• 4 weeks later...
  • Joker unpinned this topic