Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Link g4 launch control

Has anyone used their plug in link g4 launch control function?? I read up that it can damage the turbo if used.....is this true? Also im getting over 1 bar when using launch control, how do i set it up so i get no increase in boost or minimum increase? I have set it to -1 degree ignition trim and thats when i got over 1 bar on launch control.

tez n u said:

Has anyone used their plug in link g4 launch control function?? I read up that it can damage the turbo if used.....is this true? Also im getting over 1 bar when using launch control, how do i set it up so i get no increase in boost or minimum increase? I have set it to -1 degree ignition trim and thats when i got over 1 bar on launch control.

why would you want launch control to build no boost? that defeats the whole purpose of it... or do you just want it for the bangbang noise ;D

ADIKT']

[quote name='tez n u said:

/quote]

why would you want launch control to build no boost? that defeats the whole purpose of it... or do you just want it for the bangbang noise ;D

Na i just want an rpm i can launch from as i get too much wheel spin anyway, i wanted around 5500rpm full throttle so i can play with the clutch better and also i dont like the bang bang at all :(

• General Member
 Stoffa said:

Im gonna set mine up just for the bang bang noise. Hahaha

+1 If your gonna be a public nuisance you may as well go the whole hog.

Plus its going to be my secret weapon in my noisy neighbor war ha ha

Stoffa said:

Im gonna set mine up just for the bang bang noise. Hahaha

I had mine setup for the anti lag on launch and flat shifts.

1.2 bar launch is fun.

Didn't do any damage to the turbo in the 60k I put on the car with it before selling at 197k. This included dozens of times used in anger at drags etc and to impress or any the neighbours.

tez n u said:

Everything damages the turbo. Use in moderation is the key, also depends on the tuner.

For example I run anti-lag through the g4 , but a very mild tune of it. I could drive to work every day with it on and cut my turbo life in half. OR i could set it really super aggressive and drive it to work with it on for a week before it blew.

Think how much you actually use it..

And if you dont want to build as much boost, try using just Anti-LAg to launch

I blew a couple of turbos using launch control and only one using antilag. Mind you they were factory turbos, so not going to last long regardless.

We had it setup very conservatively in the end, around 5psi was more than enough to aid the launch without killing the turbo too quickly. Good fun.

But proper anti lag is much more fun and effective. However harder to drive with no vaccuum assist for the brakes!

Munkvy said:

I blew a couple of turbos using launch control and only one using antilag. Mind you they were factory turbos, so not going to last long regardless.

We had it setup very conservatively in the end, around 5psi was more than enough to aid the launch without killing the turbo too quickly. Good fun.

But proper anti lag is much more fun and effective. However harder to drive with no vaccuum assist for the brakes!

Yeah god I hate how the brakes play up!!

Aparently you can get a one way valve that stops the issue??