Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

engine miss V7 STI

Mikesti

(2001 v7 sti) I hav rebuilt my engine, its awhile back now, i never drove it when i was finished doing the engine, when i put the motor back in i broke the plug on the airflow meter what a munter i know!!! i moved to oz the next day so never sore it running, my dad put the new one in and got it going .He has run the engine in that algud.

Im now back from oz and it has a slight miss from 2nd gear onwards when under boost 1st is fine it goes realy well.Dad never noticed the miss cose he drives like a nana.

It never did that before i pulled it apart it was apart for about a month , so it cant be to much.

The heads have been done ,turbo aswell new plugs and coil packs thats about it ,the timing is perfect,i wouldnt have thought that would have changed how it runs to much with regards to the engine being under load cose its only mechanical stuff ive rebuilt and its perfect.Im a diesel Mechanic by trade petrol engines are new to me.When it comes to electronics and tuning.

Im thinking somthing to do with the ECU tune?

Any ideas

i have been told that if the computer doesnt like somthing when the engine starts it can go into limp mode. Is this true?

Cheers Mike

sti_v9 said:

Are a running an after-market exhaust? I've seen a few cases of V7's missing under load after an exhaust was fitted. The eshaust issue is fixed by getting a tune.

Na no exhaust its stock bar boost controller. K&N panel filter ,BOV ,& Forged bottum end.

Its stock az

maybe the spark plugs need to be re-gapped as the flame could be getting put off from hight boost... or even need new spark plugs..

does the check engine light come on? the hesitation is defenetaly to do with the electrical side cos when my one went to check engine mode, it hesitated lots.

also, what computer are you using - maybe swap and see if makes a difference?

what sort of boost controller?

also, fuel filter - is that sweet and maybe do a fuep pressure test to make sure that is sweet..

just few things to start off..

the v7's are pretty good so has to be something small

pappu said:

maybe the spark plugs need to be re-gapped as the flame could be getting put off from hight boost... or even need new spark plugs..

does the check engine light come on? the hesitation is defenetaly to do with the electrical side cos when my one went to check engine mode, it hesitated lots.

also, what computer are you using - maybe swap and see if makes a difference?

what sort of boost controller?

also, fuel filter - is that sweet and maybe do a fuep pressure test to make sure that is sweet..

just few things to start off..

the v7's are pretty good so has to be something small

It got new plugs when engine was put in and again at its 1st service.No check engine light comes up on the dash. Running standard computer .(Does anyone have one i can put in to see if it changes anything?)

It had a E-boost in it but has been removed cose i needed coin, i put in a incabin turbosmart manuel controller set to one bar.(is that to much or to little?)

its got a new fuel filter when engine went in .i will check fuel pressure.

What is check engine mode?

check engine mode - more like limb back home mode - when the check engine lite goes on and the car runs really safe map to preserve engine due to sensor faults

anyway, is it possible to put the boost setup back to factory type ie remove the turbosmart unit so its all stock and then check if issue still there

1 bar is safe for sti so that may not be the issue

what area u in as i can lend u an ecu to check

The V7 STi runs more than 1 bar stock doesnt it? Should be around 17/18psi?

Why are running a manual boost controller? If the stock setup is still present hook it back up and let the ECU handle boost. One less thing to worry about.