Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

2002 legacy gtb e-tune 2 rev-d issues

kramerk

hey all ive only had this car for about 2 weeks, bought from economy cars christchurch. has 3 month mta warranty.

I insisted the cambelt and associated gear was replaced before i took ownership. the car has done 96,000km they used "elite cambelt services" anyone else heard of them and know of their reputation?

anyway noticed the front sunroof doesnt tilt but you can push it up so i assume its not a fixed roof just broken, the rear roof slides back no problems. will get them to look at it.

the main issue i have is the hard out hesitation. im aware of what turbo lag and the obvious vod, not a complete super noob

even changing gear and foot down on the accelerator before vod it hesitates\surges and feels like boost is intermittant, starting to annoy me. looks like its off to get a diagnostic report on the 14th. i would buy a scanner but the mta warranty insists you dont mess with the car while its under warranty. maybe the cambelt was done incorrectly or cheap parts used (especially the tensioner), i know they broken the cam cover and has a big gap in the top side.

my first suby costing 13k giving me grief after 2 weeks of ownership. im first nz owner as well

yeah thanks guys, can anyone actually reflash these ecus in the south island?? , im actually hoping the scan throws out some codes. ive done the connections under the dash to try manually throwing codes and it comes up clean. does this always mean theres no problem or can it still be throwing codes without illuminating the cel?

• 2 weeks later...

Since you have it from a yard, you do have the right of return (to a degree) - if it's not behaving as it should, the problem does have to be sorted. I had similar issues with a GTB from indy cars, seemed mint on test drive but within a week was playing up, to be fair they weren't to know either, AFM sh@t itself and a couple other things I think. They did sort it all in the end.

To be fair it's the risk they take being a second hand car dealer.

And while it may be annoying if they pick a mechanic, least it'll get sorted, if not you can start getting vocal - since they're LMVD they have standards they need to stick to in regards to this kind of thing.

so they reckon there is nothing wrong with the engine and the way it runs. explaining to me about the VOD. i explained im not a complete noob and i know what the VOD is and its not what im talking about. its been diagnostic checked twice all coming up clean. Crowe sport wrote a letter stating no faults found.

when i change from first gear before vod and hook second and plant it, should i be instantly on boost from primary turbo or not? or is this the way they are, non responsive and a bit of a slug?? if you rape it it doesnt hesitate, pulls nicely to redline

they were not interested at all about the sunroof not tilting or the muffler about rusted through, mta warranty is overated, economy cars are making a killing and not interested in pleasing customers. i do not reccomend them at all, although the salesman was pleasant

i did pick up a fujitsubo R98 exhaust though ;D, should sound like a suby should now, also got a blitz induction cover setup as well which should go well with the snorkelectomy

kramerk said:

when i change from first gear before vod and hook second and plant it, should i be instantly on boost from primary turbo or not? or is this the way they are, non responsive and a bit of a slug?? if you rape it it doesnt hesitate, pulls nicely to redline

summary: yes they are all like this, more or less, i will go out on a limb here n say Twin Turbo owners that say their cars go well are delusional and have prolly never owned a WRX .. BAM! spray and walk away ;D

Twin turbos suck ass ;D

kramerk said:

oh well better crack the dust off the engine stand and build a single turb engine then. the responsiveness will bug me in a few months time!!

I have a rev c gtb and could meet up and see the difference/issue u are having with yours if your keen. In theroy urs should be slightly better due to a newer ecu

can anyone actually verify who still CURRENTLY do the reflashes on the rev-d's,

i heard armstrong subaru christchurch do to a certain extent, correct me if im wrong but just by road testing the car? $250-300 ish

who does the reflashes on the dyno in the south island to get it perfect and to squeeze out a few more ponies? $1500 ish

i heard no one actually has the ability to properly reflash these anymore, or am i wrong

NZEFI can, don't know if they're selling it as such but definately has been done.

Since yours is a rev-d it can be reflashed, and if nothing else they would be good for a second opinion on how the car is running - even just a quick run up on the dyno will show how it is performing compared to another one the same.