Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Bov for b4

Hey am wanting to put on a blow off valve to my 99 b4 but have been told you can't just block off the hose that connects to the bov with a bung, otherwise it will cause your car to keep dieing?

That's a false statement, whoever told you that. If your car dies are commonly due to your vacuum line not properly done, or mechanically O2 sensor, Air Flow Meter Sensor, or the Idle reader sensor which sits next to the top mount which needs to be replace.

I suggest you get a SSQV Bov for your twin turbo, unless you have an adapter pipe and you can wield any bov, cause the space around the bov area is very small, only a SSQV fits with with it's own adapter.

Block the hose with the bung is fine. I can guarantee you that lol

Thanks forfeedback

The ssqv was what was looking at. But yeah apparently there's a mav sensor? It's not a good idea to put in a pod? I was told also that a k&n panel will be a lot better

The comp surge isn't really an issue with a B4, the stock valve is ultimately the best but then you don't get wooshy noises either haha. Whatever floats your boat.

I've got one of those turboxs RFL valves on my one - drives 100% perfectly fine, you can get adaptors to suit for about $40 from a few places - they put the valve up over the passengers side turbo so size isn't to worry about.

As for the pod filter thing - you'll likely go backwards in power, you can get a bit of extra noise by just removing the resonator / snorkel thing from inside the drivers' side front guard. It's not the pod itself that nukes airflow sensors, it's the oil they normally come soaked in - coats the AFM sensor and kills them.

The guy came had a look and showed me the problem i would get but i didnt see it as a true test? he pulled the hose off the stock bov and instead of blocking the hose off put on a small air filter, he left the bov open where the hose originally goes on and started the car which instantly died? Is this a true test?

hahahaha!! well he works with me and he is a glazier so maybe should stick to glass aye!! haha so what he did was when he pulled the hose off the bov instead of putting in a bung he put in this small air filter so that air could still go through the hose, the bov was attached to the intercooler but where the hose was attached to bov was know a gapping hole! lol this was his attempt of showing me a bov to atmosphere!! haha and maybe this is why the car died?

2 issues with what he did

1. Stock BOV can't vent to atmo as they work backwards or something

2. Without the bung, air enters the intake after the air flow meter (AFM/MAF assuming you miss typed maf with mav?) therefore not metering the air

yeah i didnt think it was quite that simple to just pull something off and say this is it how it works (as i have learnt with this car since day 1) opps my bad maf sensor yes

• 3 months later...

fitted a hks sequential BOV to my 97 gtb, instantly eliminated the flutter (which was the goal) so that seems to have done the trick, next task is to find A). A boost controller or B) A viable method to either eliminate or reduce VOD. reading through the post put up some good options. will put that on hold until the new year. As xmas period tends to drain the funds in a rather quite quick way.

• 1 month later...

I have a GFB Respons Bov on my legacy b4, did some research before buying this one apparently others have problems with vta bov\'s because of the maf causing the car to run rich, revs fluctuating etc.. with the GFB t9000 its simple just take the factory diverter out and replace by unbolting couple bolts, vac and recirculating hose. It is adjustable so can be set to be fully atmospheric, recirculating or 50 50 with fully atmospheric it is louder but I had problems with the my car running rich and causing a lumpy idle so set to 50 50 sounds decent is not as loud but have no problems with it also noticed better throttle response.