Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Final Brembo Request 2 - Pads for Rear and Discs

caspros

So, have almost got everything together for replacing the brakes on my car.

I had a look at the pads that came with the rears, and they don't look happy. I've already got the Endless for the fronts, but I don't really care about the quality of the ones on the rear. I don't want street ones though. So where in Wellington could I get pads today for brembo rears ? Racetech ? And what kind would do the job ?

Also, just to confirm the size of the rears if I decide to just get new instead of skimming, 316x20mm ? Has anyone got those from Repco or Supercheap before ?

funkytown said:

BNT should have some - if you are are at a loss for a track day i could lend / loan / give you mine.

that is the rotor size - be sure to get the one with the 190mm handbrake shoe.

Really ? BNT ? That's is where I was planning on getting my fluid from. Same place ?? I'd rather do it all at once, so I don't have to bleed them and stuff again. Pads aswell from there ?

The handbrake shoe thing, does it make it easier with the handbrake, as we discussed ?

caspros']

[quote name='funkytown said:

BNT should have some - if you are are at a loss for a track day i could lend / loan / give you mine.

that is the rotor size - be sure to get the one with the 190mm handbrake shoe.

/quote]

Really ? BNT ? That's is where I was planning on getting my fluid from. Same place ?? I'd rather do it all at once, so I don't have to bleed them and stuff again. Pads aswell from there ?

The handbrake shoe thing, does it make it easier with the handbrake, as we discussed ?

if you get the one with the 170 mm shoe - it wont fit.

yup they should have both items in factory set up - rear brake pads dont take that much of a punishing normally.

one 500ml bottle should be fine for a normal bleed

2x 500ml bottles if you have drained the res doing the caliper swap.

petrolheadjman said:

Can you get brembo sized discs with 170mm shoe? I haven't been able to find them :(

yes tis what i run - im fairly sure its in the how to i wrote. its a DBA rotor.

- chris - they normally have those items - its just wheather they are in stock or not.

FYI extreme/autostop/automotive supplies same place. They do dba.

BNT or partmaster also good options on stuff.

Repco - last resort because of high price and shit service.Same with supercheap - never ever used as they only resell the same stuff bought off importers we deal with and expensive much.

evowrx said:

Repco - last resort because of high price and s*** service.Same with supercheap - never ever used as they only resell the same stuff bought off importers we deal with and expensive much.

Well, I've just been on a little jaunt around (thanks Jon for your help ;D )

And wow, I can't say enough good things about Extreme. The difference in prices between them and the others is amazing. Rear discs are $78 each, rather than identical for $138 from another place mentioned. They are also looking up the 170mm one for me, so I'll find out the price on that too.

caspros']

[quote name='evowrx said:

Repco - last resort because of high price and s*** service.Same with supercheap - never ever used as they only resell the same stuff bought off importers we deal with and expensive much.

/quote]

Well, I've just been on a little jaunt around (thanks Jon for your help ;D )

And wow, I can't say enough good things about Extreme. The difference in prices between them and the others is amazing. Rear discs are $78 each, rather than identical for $138 from another place mentioned. They are also looking up the 170mm one for me, so I'll find out the price on that too.

Which is why they are my preferred supplier...

OK, have the rear rotors off, caliper off etc.

And have found that the bolt holes for the new brembos don't match up at all. This appears to be a common problem. So, what have other people on here done ? Is the only option the brackets ? Is that the quickest way ?