Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Subaru Leone RX II

Stodart

nice 1 both :) so is that full transmission set up a standard feature on all RXs?

maybe dreaming too much to get a rally spec one like this ie re pic. ( the STI of the the RX maybe?) :-\

Leone 3rd generation RX Group A rally specs sedan and coupe from wikipedia subaru leone

Activity: (1985–1989)

Power @ rpm: 190 bhp (142 kW; 193 PS) at 6500

Torque @ rpm: 230 N·m (170 lb·ft) at 5200

Length Width Height: 4370 mm 1660 mm 1425 mm

Weight (kg/BPM Ratio): 1060 (0)

Transmission: 4x4 Fulltime

Engine Type: H4 Boxer SOHC x 2

Engine Position: Boxer Turbocharged

Engine Capacity: 1781 cc

Engine Bore: 92 mm (3.6 in)

Engine Stroke: 67 mm (2.6 in)

Engine Compression: 7.6:1

Engine Valves: 8

Engine Carburation: Electronic Multi-Point

Turbo: IHI

Body Doors: 2 (Coupe) or 4 (Sedan)

Body Type: Coupe and Sedan

Brakes: Ventilated disks

Fuel Tank: 60 L (16 US gal; 13 imp gal)

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3122951/1987-subaru-rx

Cheers will keep looking. maybe talk to rally people etc for rear spoiler? the spoiler and bonnet scoop for intercooler certainly help the cars looks.

try these guys, otherwise Auz/US/ebay etc maybe? http://www.subspare.co.nz/index.php

from wikipedia:

The Subaru EA-82 engine was produced from 1985 to 1994. It came with a carburetor, single point fuel injection, or multi port fuel injection. Most of the technical advancements introduced to the EA82 were utilized in the Subaru EJ engine, specifically, the SOHC valvetrain, and multi-point fuel injection.

Specifications

Subaru EA-82 Engine

Displacement: 1781 cc

Bore: 92 mm

Stroke: 67 mm

Compression Ratio: 8.7:1 or 9.0:1 SPFI According to Subaru Factory Service manuals: 9.0:1 "carb" 9.5:1 SPFI

Valvetrain: SOHC

Horsepower:

Carb - 84 bhp (63 kW; 85 PS) at 5,200 rpm

SPFI - 90 bhp (67 kW; 91 PS) at 5,600 rpm

MPFI - 97 bhp (72 kW; 98 PS) at 5,200 rpm

Torque:

Carb - 101 lb·ft (137 N·m) at 3,200 rpm

SPFI - 101 lb·ft (137 N·m) at 3,200 rpm

MPFI - 103 lb·ft (140 N·m) at 3,200 rpm

Found on

1985-1994 Subaru Leone

1985-1991 Subaru XT

EA-82T

The EA-82T engine was introduced in 1985 for the GL-10 models, and later on RX Coupe models. It is a turbocharged version of the MPFI EA-82 with modified cylinder heads and lower compression pistons.

Additional specifications

Turbo: IHI model RHB5 VF7

Compression Ratio: 7.7:1

Supercharging Pressure: 7 psi

Horsepower:

1985-1986: 111 bhp (83 kW; 113 PS) at 5,200 rpm

1987-1990: 115 bhp (86 kW; 117 PS) at 5,200 rpm

Torque: 134 lb·ft (182 N·m) at 2,800 rpm

http://www.7tune.com/1986-subaru-leone-rxii-turbo-coupe/

All of that information is for the US versions :)

would not take anything from wikipedia as gospel

but the EA82t ratings sound about right

I would never put a bonnet scoop on the RX BUT i intend to fit an intercooler ( RS WAIC one)

I have a fully forged rally spec engine in my shed,( it has aftermarket cams as well as it has a real lumpy idle) I intend to fit this to my RX in the next few months, with the WAIC and an XT spider intake, also thinking of fitting a VF8 as I have a few lying around.

will see how well it goes after that, may have to send the gearbox away to be repaired as it has an issue going into 3rd

We are borg said:

yeah could be true

the rally engine was taken out of a car running 15psi and never missed a beat so may have had some remedy work done :)

as I have 2 spare engines it is worth a punt :)

yea plenty of ppl have rallied them but i suspect theyd have adjustable computers and associated mods aye.. what i read was prolly more about playing around at home with turbos and boost and not doing associated mods then they go bang sort of thing

gazzy2000 said:

i read that the EA82T\'s are p1ss weak and dont like having bigger turbos fitted or adjusting the boost.. something to do with heat in the drivers side head

Read also and a heard from someone else that there were limitations with Ea 82s head design ie single exhaust port heads (flow limitations) for extracting power from being turbocharged

http://www.7tune.com/1986-subaru-leone-rxii-turbo-coupe/