Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

ej20t

Dubby458

ok so i bought a ej20t off my mate for 50bucks, it has a blown head gasket and it still runs of course but when you put revs on there is a knock in motor but not in idle, what bearing would of gone???? is this motor fixable to strip down and rebuild???? or worth it?? and anyone got a workshop manual for one???

any help would be much appreciated cheers

Dubby458 said:

ok so i bought a ej20t off my mate for 50bucks, it has a blown head gasket and it still runs of course but when you put revs on there is a knock in motor but not in idle, what bearing would of gone???? is this motor fixable to strip down and rebuild???? or worth it?? and anyone got a workshop manual for one???

any help would be much appreciated cheers

probably No3 BE...rebuild as it is no mods probably around $3000 for a shop to do it...can be tricky if you have not done it before or been shown how.

if its a closed deck....strip back to the short block and sell it for around $150 to $200

Dubby458 said:

sorry if this is a silly question but how do you tell if its a short block??

Obviusly you don\'t know a lot about engines....Not knocking you or Mocking you. But if you have not stripped an engine before i would not practice/learn on a subaru motor without someone showing you how. It will only end in tears! and no motor when you eventually give up.

just dont know the lingo mate, i have rebuilt several 4ks (which i know are easy) and nissan motors, If i have the workshop manual how hard can it be?? it shows you step by step.... And end in tears?? i spent 50bucks on it... Not a big loss, and if it is fucked ill get that money back in scrap metal. Yet alone will be a big learning curve, Im a auto sparky apprentice by trade, i may not know all the mechanical side that well, but it isnt hard to pick up.

Bro its the best way to learn ... as long as ur plan isnt to build it fully forged etc.. best thing to do is find out what car it came out of and hit the net looking for a Manuel.. the subaru world is massive and you find the oddest things u never thought you would on different forums plus the years and year worth of experience these forum users have ...

Dubby458 said:

just dont know the lingo mate, i have rebuilt several 4ks (which i know are easy) and nissan motors, If i have the workshop manual how hard can it be?? it shows you step by step.... And end in tears?? i spent 50bucks on it... Not a big loss, and if it is bothered ill get that money back in scrap metal. Yet alone will be a big learning curve, Im a auto sparky apprentice by trade, i may not know all the mechanical side that well, but it isnt hard to pick up.

Dubby458 said:

just dont know the lingo mate, i have rebuilt several 4ks (which i know are easy) and nissan motors, If i have the workshop manual how hard can it be?? it shows you step by step.... And end in tears?? i spent 50bucks on it... Not a big loss, and if it is bothered ill get that money back in scrap metal. Yet alone will be a big learning curve, Im a auto sparky apprentice by trade, i may not know all the mechanical side that well, but it isnt hard to pick up.

oh well........good luck then!

this motor has a engine code of ej20gdw5ne.

Can someone give me some details about the motor at all???

and also i have the full exaust extractors huge bore and all, plus all 4 door cards, and the motor has all add ons like alternator, starter motor top mount ect. i spent 120 bucks off a mate for it all. what is the best way to make money out of this???? how much is the whole exhaust worth ect?????

cheers guys