Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Help!! Engine Shaking

tebbyj

Hi,

Need peoples suggestions...

Was driving to drop the mrs off, was boosting when there was a sudden drop in power at 5k rpm.

Car now shakes alarmingly when its put under load mainly when accelerating in 4th or 5th, and also shakes at idle quite badly. >:(

Have checked engine mounts but they seem okay. Any other suggestions?

Car is 2001 GGA WRX completely standard....

Doesn\'t seem to be down on power either, no odd noises or CEL codes...

Are these cop? I have no idea on these. My v5 stock wasted spark coil dropped one and had these symptoms but was a bit gutless also. Just pulled leads till I found which one didnt change anything. Easy to tell. Unsure if that would work for you but possibly just pull them off till you find the culprit.

Doesnt look like its shaking too bad. Maybe weak spark like a ht lead.

You cant really tell in the vid but it definitely shakes the whole car.

Has coils on plugs so cant pull leads, luckily i have a spare coil from my GTB experience lol so will swap that around and see if that makes any difference.

Still think this would throw a miss-fire code on an 01 though...

Also shaking increases with load not speed if that makes a difference.

evowrx wins!!! ;D

Broken plug on the cylinder number 3 coil wire means it must have partially fell off while boosting, so she was running on 3 (amazes me how normal boxers run on 3 cylinders, and how the ecu didn\'t pick it up.... but did when i unplugged cylinder 2...) ???

Anyway all solved, Thanks all.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Status Updates

• MrSg9Sti04

Afternoon team,
      im new to the group first time posting. Im hoping some body can help me get my launch control all dialled in on my link g4x. Ive had the computer and car all tuned from chris at prestige awesome knowlegable guy super happy with the results but now im wanting to get my launch/anti lag all dialled in. Ive been reading multiple different forums etc all with different conflicking information which has made me nervious with what do i listen to this or that if you get what i mean. Now ive started to make myself familiar with my PClink software etc the past few weeks and im eager to learn how to do minor setups or tweaks etc so im not relieing on my tuner so much and obviously saving myself abit hurt in the back pocket. 
      Now back to the question at hand.... Im wondering if theres and one who could please share there knowledge and wisdom with setting all my values, timing, fuel etc when i have launch control armed and engaged, or even a launch tune file they can possibly send me to load onto my tune. Ive figured out the setup of my digital inputs turning launch control on etc and its obvisously on its pre set factory settings. It engages but doesnt sound the greatest or as angry as it should i feel. Hence reaching out to you good buggers. 

Cheers in advance for any info and help yous maybe able to give me.

Cheers Shaun
      · 0 replies
    • Joker  »  gotasuby

updated your DP's too : hope that's ok!
      · 0 replies
    • Joker  »  SAS

Updated your DP's to reflect your business page  
      · 0 replies
    • Joker  »  Nachoooo

Updated your Avatar : couldnt help myself  cheers!
      · 0 replies