Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Different engine number, help!

Hi guys, looking to purchase a V6 STI tomorrow, and i have been inform that some people tend to blow up their motor and instead of putting a new STI motor they instead put in a WRX engine.. So tomorrow, to make if its an STI engine, how do I know? Obviously the red intake manafold, what about engine number? where can I find it? Cheers

B-MAGIC said:

how much you paying if you dont mind me asking? thats been for sale for a few months now, yeah defintely STI, looks genuine to me.

Wonder why it hasn\'t been sold yet? Very suspicious, the struts brace isn\'t there.. Why did he took it off... I haven\'t given him a shout on the price yet as I haven\'t seen the the car, 2000 model and under tend to have sensors problem.. plus gotta see how the gearbox and clutch are like first..

B-MAGIC said:

Before purchase I recommend, getting an AA check - they will pick up things that need doing but not EVERYTHING but at least if there;s something you miss they should find it

Also ask to get the engine compression to see if engine is healthy tested etc and normal checks like is it blowing any smoke, check oil, water condition, make sure each panel is the same colour - stuff like that.

Others here can tell you more but thats all I can think of atm its very late and Im about to go sleep lol

p.s I wonder where the original V6 STI Big spoiler is its got the smaller one... or did V6 STI RA some come with small spoiler? weird; :-\

Cheers mate, gonna take it to AA and get them to check it out. Btw, how much for inspection?

B-MAGIC said:

Reason I recommed V7 STI and up but mainly V7 STI is because it has are very strong motor, capable of high kw output if tuned right - also 6 speed gearbox which is stronger than any 5 speed sti gearbox.

;D

Really? I didn\'t know, reason why I want to check the V6 is that Im a sucker for V6\'s STI.. I am not looking to race or track or anything, I like to keep my ride clean and weekend drive with the boys.. cruising purposes and 2nd-3rd gear pull from time to time..

B-MAGIC said:

Reason I recommed V7 STI and up but mainly V7 STI is because it has are very strong motor, capable of high kw output if tuned right - also 6 speed gearbox which is stronger than any 5 speed sti gearbox.

;D

What\'s your name on FB i\'ll add you

Marky said:

I just hope it sounds like your sig

Didnt go ahead, car was in rough condition.. he wants 8.8k for it.. differnet panel all round, bonnet doenst even close properly, sign of rusts, driver door interior got burnt.. motor and gear box is good but not worth 8.8k, so went back to auckland