Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Swapping Legacy Motor into 95 Impreza, engine Loom

speedfreak

Hey guys, so finally have some time back in the garage and Ive started to wire up my engine into the Impreza, but have run into a problem.

im using the engine loom from the legacy but the plugs are the same for the body loom, but if i use the loom off the engine in the car then the TPS, crank and cam sensors have different connectors.

will the crank and cam sensors work if i swap the sensors over(currently on motor they have fly leads off them, Impreza look like the plug directly on)

the Throttle body is different to the one on the car at the moment, the legacy one is quite short, whereas the impreza one is about twice as long making fitting my intercooler impossible.

alos even i can plug all this in will my possum link work with the new body wiring? its all tuned etc in the legacy and is tuned for the motor so I need to use this ECU.

any help appreciated :)

Cheers

yep thats what i had heard, but the plugs between the loom and my motor are different, and the impreza has an extra square plug at the back which my motor doesnt have.

my motor loom has 2 main plugs to connect to the body harness over by the battery, the impreza has 2 square plugs in the same place, but of a different type, and and extra one up the back?

its a different manifold on the engine that was in the car, plus i want to run the possum link thats been setup for the old loom/manifold. and the throttle body is longer so the intercooler i want to fit in(v5 STI) doesnt physically fit in the hole

hijacka said:

http://www.clubsub.org.nz/forum/index.php/topic,17075.15.html

This thread may help...also just use the crank and cam angle sensors that fit the loom your using

Edit sorry to skim read at first.. Sounds like you need to find the right loom for your engine as a starting point.

awesome info, wasnt sure what to search cause thats wat was looking for :)! yeah im just a bit confused because i thought the legacy was going to plug strait in. although from looking at this the 3wire TPS(which was is the legacy) is actually a V3/4 loom??

are all te 4 plug ECU\'s wired the same? cause if they are im guessing i can just swap the sensors, change the plug to use the current TPS and done?