Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

heater blower goes but no heat coming out.

TBiz

Hey guys ive got gf8 wrx. i flushed my cooling system because my heater wasnt working thought it was a block or something. when i was getting the air out of the system abit of heat came out but then stopped. ive changed my thermostat today and still no heat i not to sure what else it could be if it was working sort of before and no not at all. can any body help i work long hours and driving home at night is like driving in a freezer. cheers

Pull the intercooler off, under that there will be 2 heater hoses going into the firewall, these go to the heater core. Something like this:

IMG_4516.jpg

Pull these both off and put your garden hose in there and flush it both ways until water coming out other end is crystal clear. Also pull the rad out and flush that the same way too.

Then put it all back together refill with coolant making sure to bleed system fully till NO bubbles come out of overflow bottle tube or pressure cap. Theres heaps of different techniques to bleeding cooling system just google it and see what works best for you and remember these systems are hard to bleed and will take longer so don\'t think its done after 10mins because there will still be air in there.

cheers tebbyj thats helpful i thought it would be the heater radiator. i flushed the main radiator already and the water came out clear. and i was getting all the air out today when i did the thermostat and no bubbles came out had the heater on full whack like i did at bmw and like i always do and after like 10-15 of doing that( with the vehicle running of coarse) no go then i ran out off time i will try what you said and c how i go cheers guys!!

Had a car come into work with this complaint. "Heater not hot". Didn\'t have any coolant in it.

But yeah, assuming you\'ve checked that the temperature lever is still connected to something. Hasn\'t snapped the cable?

• General Member

I was gunna say that was 1st symptom of a blown heater pipe in my car which lead to BHG

in fact scrolling up it was the exact on with that Red arrow on it

JoKer said:

ok so watch this 7 second video

looking positive for simple fix BUT still oil dripping passenger side not sure about

cant start right now (batt flat and trailer in way etc) will get new hose and update as we go

sept%20063_zpsad6279e7.jpg

so i pulled of the intercooler and the heater core wasn\'t even connected . Hmm suspicious i thought so i connected it up refilled with coolant and bled the system was putting out heat once car was hot all was well so far so good i thought . then in the morning no heat and water on the passenger floor mat and guess what it was green . not good. do i try find/repair the leak or replace the heater core???

Just az i thought so do i go ahead and do it or flag it ?? what is gonna be the cost just for parts if i do the labour? how much if i pay for someone to do it.

Joker: car is mint this is the only prob i have with it!!!

my mate did this the other week on a 97 ish tsr . bought new core form suby which was coupke hundy . you could get it re done/cleaned / recored at a1 rad or something .

the only cost is core and coolant and time . i thin khe had it out in a day . got core during the week . back in in a day next weekend

im in the process in putting my dash back in, you have to get the air con degassed as you need to remove the a/c box to get the heaterbox out that has the heatercore in it and while your at it you might as well clean all the boxes out like i have done as it was full of grime and shit. but ive got alot of time as my motor has run a bigend bearing:-(