Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

V7 STI Map limit?

Im running a 2.5bar link map but thinking I may as well use the stock one since its there and I have the plug for it. Than vacuum hose cant blow off and its one less thing in my engine bay.

Seems that carberry rom eliminates the 24.99psi boost limit. So ceiling is higher Im picking?

http://teamcarr.asuscomm.com/superrom.html#BOOST

Most of the vehicles covered by this software use MAP sensor p/n 22627AA170, this sensor can only read pressure accurately to 2.5bara, which essentially limits mapping to 1.4bar boost if closed loop boost control and an overboost fuelcut facility are to be retained (essential when using speed density as the MAP sensor limit should NEVER be exceeded). Later cars use MAP sensor p/n 22627AA360 which can read to 3bara and is a direct swap for the earlier sensor, however, it is prohibitively expensive to buy new.

i was going to post up Clint, my understanding they are higher than 2.5 bar used on earlier models, closer to 3bar, obviously they need 1bar of atmo so that gives you 1.5~2 bar...

as noted... it will effectively go off the map if your map runs out and thats a very bad place to be... its prudent to back off about 0.2-0.3bar to allow for said fluctuations.

Appears to be the 2.5bar version as its the 170 version. That link says the 360 is the higher bar version.

Im after 20ish I think so should have the headroom I need. Seems the same as link one Im running so think Ill just use the stock one.

Hmm will go recheck logs see if I ever had one that high up

Be really good if it did

If I\'m not mistaken 1.7 bar be like close to 25psi almost

That gt28 v7 must have move a fair bit quick at 1.65 bar!!

Certain WRX vs Sti ROMs will clip the logable boost to different hard limits rather than the actual limit of the sensor ;)

Of course I wouldn\'t recommend mapping a car at the limit of the sensor though in order to maintain over boost fuel cut functionality.

Yes that car is an absolute flying machine!

U know u could be right about the hard limit

On one Ecu I notched a 22.5psi celling on the map and on another I read higher

Must be certain revrsions that do that ay....

Any idea if tht hard limit can be removed on the ones that do have it?