Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

more power for DXROLLA V2 STI RA

DXROLLA

DXROLLA said:

Bit of an update for this thread.

Heres where i am at now:

Factory rebuild complete, block already had forged pistons in it and they measure up good so re used them.

ARP Rod bolts and new head bolts.

All new gaskets through out.

Valve springs have been shimmed to allow for more boooost. (was told 25-26psi by builder)

Head cleaned up and checked.

Factory TD05 rebuilt by Fred Hicks who said it has the biggest intake or exhaust wheel you can get in one, cant remember which one though.

Full exhaust.

250t headers heat wraped.

Put it on the dyno after run in, made 193kw with boost issues, which i assume is because its flowing alot more now because of the exhaust? Ecu and injectors couldnt handle it.

What should be the next step?

Ultimately would love a Link g4 and it clearly needs new injectors (still running factory gray ones which were cleaned and flow tested before being re installed)

Front mount intercooler?

Ive bought some flexi hose to make up a cold air intake from the bumper.

Fix your boost issues. Have a happy car, then save for a link and more mods.

Not sure how i could fix it with out a new ecu and injectors? If it keeps boosting at 17psi sometimes more when its cold its going to cause it to lean off even more, so i assume the reason why boost drops off is because the ecu is protecting the motor?

Or is that not how it works?

If i was to get an ebc would this mean i could control the boost level more to stop it dropping off and set it to the standard 16psi so it wont over boost?

You can see in the Graph, your Boost is Spiking to 17.5psi. Then stabilizing at 13-14. With the Mod\'s your ECU/Boost Solenoid/WGDC isn\'t keeping up.

The New Exhaust is causing it, More Flow/Faster Spool/Higher Boost Levels.

With an EBC you could control the Gain, lower the Boost to a max of 14-15, avoiding the Spike. Until you sort bigger Injectors/AFM/ECU/Waste Gate etc.

Then Dyno/Re-Tune to 20psi odd.

I would\'ve thought Shimming the valve Springs would only effect Rev limitations? Or return weakened Springs to OEM levels again?

According to engine builder shimming the valve springs is to allow for more boost, they were going to put new ones in but were able to get the pressure they wanted by shimming the standard ones. I assume its to stop valve float with higher boost levels

Had a quick look at boost controllers, for the price of them i think i might just save my pennies and wait for a second hand plug in g4 to come up, there was one on here a month or two ago i should of got but needed the money for the engine :(

pedro']

I have a Gizzmo EBC that i removed when i went to G4..I would sell for $200 if you are interested..

Cheers for the offer, decided im going to save for a Link now, do it once do it right and all that ;)

[quote name='Zach said:

man best of luck with your ride man, i dont see many early gc8\'s (v1-2) on the road that arnt trashed. It\'s so neat when you see a flushed one. dont forget to lower it just a little bitty bit.

Cheers mate, the plan is to keep it as original as possible, but make it go as good as it can in the same time if that makes sense haha