Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

exhaust advise

hey everyone.

im wanting to get a new "big bore" performance exhaust for my 2000 ts-r nut am unsure what to get.

any advise taken.

also a good place to get it done in chch

Guest keltik

Anything will sound essentially the same. If youre just replacing the diff back section - go with a nice 3 or 4 inch stainless tip and youll get a nice rumble.

keltik said:

Anything will sound essentially the same. If youre just replacing the diff back section - go with a nice 3 or 4 inch stainless tip and youll get a nice rumble.

I was thinking of getting a exhaust as well. does the rumble turn into a 'drone' whiile driving up hills etc though?

Guest boostcut

ive got a horny looking cannon that i had on a NA subaru 2.2 and it made it rumble loud. no cackle or anything, 30 bux

Ben']

[quote name='keltik said:

/quote]

I was thinking of getting a exhaust as well. does the rumble turn into a 'drone' whiile driving up hills etc though?

Most likely on a NA Subaru... (and Auto's) ((if you have an auto don't get a big bore)) my first one did it was soo bad, not even the stereo could save me :o , now i have a turbo Subaru and no more droning ;D

mrdvus said:

hey everyone.

im wanting to get a new "big bore" performance exhaust for my 2000 ts-r nut am unsure what to get.

any advise taken.

also a good place to get it done in chch

Chch wise buzz Tony at RDL Performance as im sure he can sort u out, Me, Koom and many others from here only go throug him or Stubaru's. Ul honestly be only needing to purchase a bore muffler in essence to get the noise.....performance gain won't be great at all in a non-turbo.

But do get use to having ringing noise in ur ears after any decent road trip..... I use to have a big bore on my previous wrx, I miss it with my current wrx in some ways but I don't miss having my ears ringing after a 3-5 hour road trip haha

thanks guys, have had afew quots from uniweld and magoo so far and the only diff is magoo treat ya like a fk-wit

WRXER said:

But do get use to having ringing noise in ur ears after any decent road trip..... I use to have a big bore on my previous wrx, I miss it with my current wrx in some ways but I don't miss having my ears ringing after a 3-5 hour road trip haha

as for that, i had one on my old starly so im pretty used to it.

one more thing, would brand make a diff i.e rage, dytech racing etc

I always went with rage exhaust, always boarderline with getting past wofs and definitely gets the police heads turning if ur one who doesn't mind the odd exhaust fine/possibility of a green sticker of which I definitely didn't miss when I got my most recent fine.(Although that was due to my external setup not muffler wise)

i had a 4.5" on my old 2.7 petty lux that was directly under the cab and it was sooo F**kn loud! i want the nice suby sound but dnt wana keep loosing my hearing! what do you guys/girls propose?

i think mines a 4.5" RPS Muffler, sounds beautiful on the TT b4 legacy, its not too quiet but not too loud either, sometimes you can hear the engine over the exhaust.

if ur car is manual then it shouldn't be too bad :D

Guest jeffro8

Hi jeffro8 here i have a 250t Auto want to take off standard Exhaust to get that nice suby sound what do you guys suggest. :) :)

boostcut said:

ive got a horny looking cannon that i had on a NA subaru 2.2 and it made it rumble loud. no cackle or anything, 30 bux

damn you for being in tauranga... if only you could get that down to chch...

jake_the_muss said:

damn you for being in tauranga... if only you could get that down to chch...

+1 to that lol.

ok so by the sounds of it, it doesn't really matter what one i get.

so im gonna check them out 2moro and see wat looks best with my car

ok its all sorted, got an unbranded (i think) tip and its f'n loud, 98db @ 4k rpm w/o the silencing plug, and 92.1 db @ 4k rpm with it.

not to bad for $240.

i reccomend uniweld strongly, see grant.

• 7 months later...

To all the N/A guys wanting a nice subie exhaust note. In all honesty, all you need is a good, chambered muffler. Anything from RPS or Rage or something will do. I had i think an RPS on my 2.2 N/A, and that sounded real nice.

If you want to go the whole 9 yards, the most often quoted "best size" for the zaust is 2.25" piping. Apparently it offers a nice trade off with torque and power. The larger you go, the further back you shift the torque.

And you wont get the [turbo] boxer burble [like you hear on the WRX's etc], cause you don't have the turbo un-equal length headers. (One might be able to change that though :P;))

(edited for clarification)

It's not THE burble, but it sure is close. I did love the sound of my 2.2, that was unmistakenly a subie-boxer note, but it wasn't the turbo boxer burble. I guess i should have clarified that's what i meant, allot of people wonder why their N/A's don't sound like the WRX's totering about the place, it's those headers (and the turbo) that make it... I mean nothing by it, other than if they want that note, they're going to have to play with exhaust manifolds as well as muflers.