Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Upgrade Ideas - 2000 Legacy E-Tune.

alk, quote from mark

Marky said:

The anti lift part actually does the opposite - it sort of "pushes" the wheel to the ground more by forcing the suspension to work rather than shifting force to the chassis, so the "car" lifts more but the wheel itself keeps contact better

So it sort of is confusing in name - its anti-wheel-lift but pro-seatofthepantsmeter-lift if that makes sense

There\'s a buttload of info around about it, short version is less wheelspin from the front end when pushed, but doesn\'t actually keep the nose down as you\'d expect

thread with the DIY in it

http://www.clubsub.org.nz/forum/index.php/topic,37583.0.html

swaybars, i\'d look at whiteline bars, whiteline also does a ALK, and sway bar end links, and bushes, and camber bolts...

twinturboboy said:

one bad idea is changing the vac hoses - the original ones are numbered so unless you number the new ones you will have isses if you are trying to find a specific hose that may be blocked etc

Good call! I will make sure I label them as such if and when I do the vac hoses. I was helping a mate working on his B4 yesterday (I\'m a mechanical noob when comes to actually taking stuff apart and fixing it even though I know my way around a boxer fairly well now) but as I was saying, working on a B4 and came across the numbers so definitely will pay attention to detail for something like that.

Miss my old Legacy, glad it\'s getting wel looked after. Owner before me had changed around some of the vacuum lines (less VOD) not 100% sure what\'s been done to it.

But if you turn the boost controller off (not recommeded) the boost climbs quite high it\'s like theres no factory control going on. I never really worried about it, as is fine with the boost controller on and pulls well with stuff all VOD.

Just keep it in mind.

It could not be in better hands, spent the last 3 days cleaning it. Doesn\'t have a spec of dust left on the interior (until the pollen gets to it being spring and all) cleaned out every air vent, fixed that cup holder in the center console, going to get the front bumper reinforced and then have both bumpers resprayed to get rid of the stone chips and get her really tidy.

After talking to Hamish at HVS just after I bought it from you Steveo, he said the factory boost control in the ECU was acting up which is why the HDi controller is in there and after looking at the hoses I think the guy that had it in between you and Hamish did the "Hose 10 mod." I came across it the other day flicking through here and when I looked in my engine bay it was already done! Score! But otherwise drove it from Invercargill to Blenheim last week after an oil change and she didn\'t miss a beat, ran beautifully the whole way up aside a clutch-like smell in the cabin every time I stopped which I am yet to diagnose???

Next leg is to Rotorua on Sunday and she will be at her new home. I\'ll have to make a build thread once I start putting bits onto her to keep you updated eh :)