Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×

Moving to perth

Volcanix

Perth is huge, WA is massive, once there get the West Australian newspaper, jobs packed inside, been a while since being there but the jobs used to be structured with big ticket (professional) jobs front and all others to the back. I found they never rung my NZ references. Mining jobs are FIFO (fly in fly out), and that varies from one site to the next, could be any where between 2 - 6 weeks on and 1-2 weeks off

also try these websites

http://www.jobfinder.com.au/

http://www.careerone.com.au/

If I can think of any more will post them up for you

Gumtree is one of the free papers, that has jobs, but not sure if the line of work you are looking for would be posted in there, but good for rental homes, cars and what have you.

get the road map book UBD maps, this is better then the GPS as the signal can get lost inside Perth city

Perth is really nice so when you get time jump on the trains and get out and see it, once settled head deep south and check out the towns like Margaret River and the likes. Beeches are nice for swimming but the sand can get very hot (careful a couple are nudist beeches and some are dog/horse beeches), you do have to pay for the water you use ( no biggie but if you wanted a nice green lawn it will cost you).

40+ degree days can happen in a row, night life is awesome, you can drive around on your New Zealand licence for one year before getting you WA licence, but if you have your full drivers licence you only have to sit the written, if you pass then you get your full licence.

Good luck with your move and enjoy Perth.

subieboy said:

Mining boys aren\'t hiring currently...

I have family and friends in Perth and from what I hear back the job opportunities have pretty much run out, combination of china getting steel from else where and just the downturn hitting at last.

My brother who has skills that are wanted in WA went over last year and could not find any decent work so ended up coming home.

If you are serious about it I would investigate jobs from here to see what the go is, its a long and expensive journey just to find that there is nothing there for you

kwikaus said:

Perth is huge, WA is massive, once there get the West Australian newspaper, jobs packed inside, been a while since being there but the jobs used to be structured with big ticket (professional) jobs front and all others to the back. I found they never rung my NZ references. Mining jobs are FIFO (fly in fly out), and that varies from one site to the next, could be any where between 2 - 6 weeks on and 1-2 weeks off

also try these websites

http://www.jobfinder.com.au/

http://www.careerone.com.au/

If I can think of any more will post them up for you

Gumtree is one of the free papers, that has jobs, but not sure if the line of work you are looking for would be posted in there, but good for rental homes, cars and what have you.

get the road map book UBD maps, this is better then the GPS as the signal can get lost inside Perth city

Perth is really nice so when you get time jump on the trains and get out and see it, once settled head deep south and check out the towns like Margaret River and the likes. Beeches are nice for swimming but the sand can get very hot (careful a couple are nudist beeches and some are dog/horse beeches), you do have to pay for the water you use ( no biggie but if you wanted a nice green lawn it will cost you).

40+ degree days can happen in a row, night life is awesome, you can drive around on your New Zealand licence for one year before getting you WA licence, but if you have your full drivers licence you only have to sit the written, if you pass then you get your full licence.

Good luck with your move and enjoy Perth.

thanks!

those site will def help becuase there isnt (from what ive seen) a one stop internet shop for jobs like nz lol, anyone know anyone hiring haha!