Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Car batteries?

Second battery is on its way out in 3 years >:( had it charged and checked out by an auto sparky and it supposibly has 3 dead cells wtf, alternator checked out sweet as and theres nothing draining it when car turned off.

So my question is, what brand etc battery would you guys recommend.

I think my sounds system has something to do with the battereis dying lol.

Looking for some sort of Deep Cycle...........aparently? lol

Cheers.

Guest boostcut

get an oddysey gel cell. bout 600 bux but theyre about 1100cca and my old man has had one in his race car for bout 7 years and has never needed charging and sits all winter

I use the NS70MF in almost every application it will fit in....

the latest Exide MF(maintenace Free) range is around 680 CCA

I had one in my Legacy GT and it fitted fine( i do believe you have to get a left hand version for the poles to be correct)

Also as u are going thru batteries quiet quickly u should really start to get things check out properly(over/under charging,excessive Alt current present,large draw)

most batteries should last 4 years and a good battery should last 6

Up here I get about 4 years out of a good battery starting diesel vehicles.

My Legacy got 10 out of its marshall

NS70.......iv got one of those lol, like this one? this is the one thats down on 3 cells on it's way out, and the warrenty has just ran out by a few months :-\

DSC02342.jpg

Guest keltik

Exide in my car has been flat more times than i can count and still comes right after a roll start and 15 mins of driving.

Exide FTMFW

DRFVDR said:

yup except that is a cheap and nasty one

buy an exide/marshall

Ohhhh real? I thought Endurant was one of the better labels, i can't remember how much it was but im sure it was around the $200 mark if not more.

made by centrury/yuasa =poos

yellow/blue battery =century/yuasa

all Black battery=Exide/marshall = WIN

other good ones are

Optima(imported by century) = ++++WIN = $600

Orbital(imported by Exide) See above for pricing

• 2 weeks later...

I mainly get the century/yuasa ones as we get a 40% trade discount thru the GSB contract, they are crap - as they all imported from Korea or some other asian country, and have a sticker slapped on them - so they are no different to the bosch/super works, etc ones in the same generic black case with the sticker affixed to the side. Century used to be ok when the old yellow/blue ones were NZ made. but now they just mainly import and distribute to the 4 or 5 main labels avail at most commercial NZ retailers.

Exide are still nz/australian made so i rate them a lot higher. only prob is i can't get them at 40% discount. I can get a $160RRP battery about $90, at that price you can't really complain - i have used about 3 or 4 of the imported century/yuasa battery's and haven't been able to fault them so far, but only had little use prior to selling or changing vehicles. I use a Exide orbital deep cycle atm.

You have the wrong one. the terminals are the wrong way around, the correct one is the NS70L. stock subaru one is either 58MF (which sits slightly lower) or NS55D60L (dont recall exact part no). both are rated at 530CCA.

sharktale said:

NS70.......iv got one of those lol, like this one? this is the one thats down on 3 cells on it's way out, and the warrenty has just ran out by a few months :-\

DSC02342.jpg

sharktale said:

How much did the Exide orbital deep cycle set you back?

I got it s/hand, $150.

Century/yuasa are also the distributors for the Optima Yellow/Red tops and even at trade price is close to $400. May have dropped I haven't querried them in a while

• 2 weeks later...

exide imo are absolute shit. we get heaps that are fucked waaay before warranty. we sell endurant, get hardly any comebacks. usually if its within a month or 2 out of warranty endurant will still honour it too. get an AC delco if you want a good battery