Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dash Lights

DAKRNK

hi There

Just looking for some info on changing all my dash lights from green to blue

In a 98 sti wrx

In the whole centre console bit (heater controls cigarette lighter etc) and also the speedo rev counter etc

Any Help would be great

I just had my cluster out to replace clock bulb.

I bought blue silicon bulb covers for the T10 bulbs (main lighting, not warning lights etc) abd because my dash was already green (not from bulbs but from the dash face) i now have bluey/tuquoise lighting. slighlty duller too.

Two screws up under roof of dash shrowd

3 holding cluster in

Reach around to unclip 3 plugs

Cluster is out

Bulbs twist out

5x T10 Bulbs

Approx 12 T5 bulbs but i wouldnt change these

Will Do, Just put in new blue boost gauge, so am going to try change the lot, Would be ALOT better IMO, When i find the middle centre console Upper hatch peice that you can put 3 gauges in i will be doing the same with blue guages up there too

yeah mine sits in the exact same spot but my cluster setup is slightly different. in the forground you can see boost but in the background you can see part of the speedo and dial, only thing you cant see is the trip meter.....

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest lan_killa

from what I understand the colour is in the face of the gauge, aka that little plastic sheet with the numbers and markings written on it and it works on a glow in the dark sorta principle

yeah i've pulled mine apart, Ver 4-6 wrx/sti have the green masking printed behind the numbers, the stock bulbs are clear. replacing with 1W white LED's achieves a similar effect but the light isn't as dispersed as a filament bulb...seems concerntrated in some areas

boostin said:

Isn't most of the colour in the board, not the bulb condom?

Exactly! hence why you have to painstakingly (with fine sandpaper) scratch the green film off, if you want any color to show through..

Ive heard, even if you put blue bulbs in, or even blue condoms, it will show up teal (bluey green) color.. So off with the green film i'd say!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm very interested in this topic, i was looking at getting the calibre gauges (white face with blue lighting too)...

I wonder if it would be easier to just replace the bulbs in the gauge itself to green, rather than cosmetics on the dash itself, but I just can't find any technical information on the gauges yet.

Not rich enough to buy one just to pull apart and see either :)