Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Best way/place to get a spare key made

I only have one key for my Leggy and every so often I have a key scare lol!

So how do I go about getting a replacement? Do the 2001 GTB keys have transponders or anything in them or is it just a key with a built in remote?

My alarm has taken over the keyless entry functionality so I just need a key for use in the ignition.

if 2001 GTB is same as 1999 B4, and it should be, then just get a key cut. no transponder in the key. hopefully you have two remotes for the alarm.

Guest keltik

2002 Legacy, just got another key cut for it a few months ago, cost me a few dorrar at the key cutters. My advice is to use the spare for a few weeks to wear it down...otherwise its a right cnut to get it to fit when you need to.

keltik said:

2002 Legacy, just got another key cut for it a few months ago, cost me a few dorrar at the key cutters. My advice is to use the spare for a few weeks to wear it down...otherwise its a right cnut to get it to fit when you need to.

Agree, or depending on the condition of your only key, i just started using my spear key now and left my original at home as a spear, save wearing out the original one just in case i need to cut another one later on

Guest boostin

The way to check if it is a transponder key is when you pull the key out of the ignition there will be a flashing key lamp on the dash. No lamp, no immobiliser, no transponder.

Guest Bjcnz

Isn't the best way to check whether it is a transponder key if it is a nz new car or import? I'm fairly certain all imports dont have transponders in them?

Guest Bjcnz

Oh, thats what wingers had told me when I had imported my car and checked it over with them, thought it sounded a bit strange

• General Member
 DRFVDR said:

It ok if u lose your key

Slim jim the door ,break the steering lock and hot wire the sucker 2 minutes max :)

hhehhheeh

oops

did i say that out loud

Dude just set a PIN code for door handle, and use spare key you have hidden inside - no need for all that effort!

Guest Bjcnz
 JoKer']

[quote name='DRFVDR said:

It ok if u lose your key

Slim jim the door ,break the steering lock and hot wire the sucker 2 minutes max :)

hhehhheeh

oops

did i say that out loud

/quote]

Dude just set a PIN code for door handle, and use spare key you have hidden inside - no need for all that effort!

Is the door handle code only for factory standard immobilisers? Just wondering if my TSR has it, always wondered

DRFVDR']

Lift door handle up when it is locked

if it beeps then it is fitted

How do you find out the code?

mine does that but i have no idea what the code is...

[quote name='JoKer said:

broad statement - not 100% sure on Gen III models

ALL GT Legacy's (wagons especially) have it (BF/BC/BG/BH) BC = 89-93? GT's both wagons and Sedans

Yup 92 GT.. mines got it