Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

help guys car wants to start but doesnt.

V6 sti wagon lost throttle and finally stalled. Have checked fuel there's pressure and fuel at the motor and hav checked all the lines and theres no pipes off. It didnt through a code so I have no clue as to what to look for. Anyone had this happen? Ideas guys?

Cheers

Arne

Hey man I changed pump yesterday and the sock was slightly smaller so wondering if it's that because finally it's started and running smooth as..ill hav to play it by air so I'll let u guys know if I have any more problems.

Thanks man

Rosssub said:
Cool. Be good to put the factory sock onto the new pump though.

It seems to only do it every time it gets to just under half a tank. It's still doing it. I open it all up last nite and everything seems to b exactly how the stock pump was but there was just under half in the side with the pump and the other side of the tank there was about half so I'm wondering if it's not transferring into the drivers side of the tank for some reason..maybe the jet pump any other ideas? It's not the sock..

arnegs said:
It seems to only do it every time it gets to just under half a tank. It's still doing it. I open it all up last nite and everything seems to b exactly how the stock pump was but there was just under half in the side with the pump and the other side of the tank there was about half so I'm wondering if it's not transferring into the drivers side of the tank for some reason..maybe the jet pump any other ideas? It's not the sock..

Now I'm stuck down town trying to get it to start and I've put more fuel in..either not transferring or air in the lines..

Rosssub said:
So fuel pump priming when you turn the ignition on?

Stab in the dark but it could be the fuel pump relay? give it a wiggle check connections etc.

You dont have any kind of immobilizer do you?

Edited by A_J_T

Sorry, So does the pump prime when you turn the key on? If so then it’s not any of this and im just wasting your time haha.

If you get your head far enough down in the foot well and look behind where the fuse board would be and up you should see a green and brown relay, green one is fuel pump i believe and that’s the one you checked yea?

Immobilizer could have something to do with it if it has fuel pump cut but i really have no idea sorry mate

A_J_T said:
Sorry, So does the pump prime when you turn the key on? If so then it’s not any of this and im just wasting your time haha.

If you get your head far enough down in the foot well and look behind where the fuse board would be and up you should see a green and brown relay, green one is fuel pump i believe and that’s the one you checked yea?

Immobilizer could have something to do with it if it has fuel pump cut but i really have no idea sorry mate

Yup it primes when I turn the key. Yup that's the relay I checked. I've got the pump etc out at the moment. Nah my immobiliser isn't that flash.

Rosssub said:
Did you get it sorted? Have you put the original sock back on?

Just managed to get the original sock back on today and am yet to find out if it still is doing it. my gauge is show about where it did it last time so when i do my next trip tonite. fingers crossed it just the sock. thanks alot

evowrx said:
Has now seems ok. Unsure if it was sock or sucking air havent seen it.

few pics.

Before:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xxr0w5fx9h87nx8/IMG_20150620_132907.jpg?dl=0

After:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/utof3yfyalo8qvw/IMG_20150620_135852.jpg?dl=0

now ive put the original sock on shown in the first pic.

does it all look like its done right?

Cheers guys