Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Light wheel options

johnny5 said:
Did you order wheels recently I have been waiting like 5 months for mine to arrive

No, my bonus comes through from work next month then I place the order, bloody 5 months been quoted 3months. gutting hope mine don't take that long. Who did you get them through, work NZ was the best price I found if you go to them direct.

1034kg kurb weight is bloody impressive. mine is at 1190kg and cant see where I would drop another 150 kg from, is the body work all CF?

5 months... I'm to impatient for that.

Yeah the wide body is fibre, Half the wing is too. And the doors weigh nothing. Being coupe might be slightly lighter too I'm not sure.

He said he always built it with weight in mind right from the beginning. Hopefully shouldn't get heavier with new wheels since sequential saves weight apart entry and carbon shafts. Should all balance out to be roughly the same fingers crossed

• Admin
 -BLKREX- said:
Yeah I'm sure they would. I'm just trying to decide what to do whether custom wheels or hub change. The entire car has been built around weight so I'm fairly keen to keep it at its 1034kg ish if I can

Change the hubs. Such a wide wheel and tyre driven hard on tarmac will root the front bearings real fast.

Yeah think that's best. I pulled a wheEl off today and the car actually has had a 5x100 to 5x114.3 coverter on it this whole time. So my 17x9s are 5x114.3.

Still think hub change is best plan. Until then will just run the converter spacer. Been good enough all this time can hold on a wee bit longer till I source hubs

there is a very high chance that your car already has uprated front wheel bearings so you may not need a hub change. Check with Al/Macbilt as I know he does do an upgrade for the old 5x100 hubs that involves some machining and using a larger bearing...