Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

jan 10th 2010 12 hour endurance race at taupo motorsport park.

Guest boostcut

Guest boostcut

as title suggests. come for a look, its over 2 days

alot of different cars entered. dodsons 700hp skydog and a few porsche gt3's

Guest boostcut

i believe its quite expencive. its being run by the northern muscle car club,

but for the last 6 years i have been involved it has been inundated with little shtters that dont finish 2 hours so it cant be too expencive... maybe 1000? il find out more for you.

Guest loren
 JoKer said:

you looking for another driver? *hint Hint*

possibly. can you drive?

seriously though, something to think about. I'd expect you to share costs of course :)

Guest loren

just wondering what spares you should take to an event like this... and what of those spares would be

things you would expect to need, like brake pads and rotors...

would you expect a pad designed for endurance racing to last a whole 12 hour race?

would you expect a new set of rotors to last a whole race?

engine oil? I'm sure that would be fine right?

probably need a new set of hard compound tyres.

Guest boostcut

well this is what we use in a 05 ford gt... the pukekohe 6 hour and taupo 4 hour combined we went thru

2 sets of michelin SP control tyres

1 set of carbone mettallic pads.

1 full set(4) AP brake rotors

a set of clutch plates

2 rear penske shocks, not cheap.

nearly 800l of bp 98 fuel

this is just the common stuff that is expected to be used.

when we go to events outside of taupo, as thats where the car is located we take 3 hyundai h100 vans packed out with everything from bulbs and split pins to spare ball joints, synchros for the trans axle and tig welder for when it blows the exhaust off.

it takes a day to set our rig up and we fly the chief mechanic from stone brothers racing over to manage the team.

if you guys want to come and check out the pits when its on to see how seriously everyone takes it give me a buzz

loren said:

just wondering what spares you should take to an event like this...

A definate for a Subaru would be spare front hubs with new wheel bearings ready to go....

A smart man once told me this is one reason why you dont see many Subarus in endurance races - the bearings just cant handle the prolonged heat.

Tony said:

A smart man once told me this is one reason why you dont see many Subarus in endurance races - the bearings just cant handle the prolonged heat.

And i was evesdropping while that convo was happening haha.

It would be cool event to go and watch though, whats the entrant list normally look like.

Guest boostcut
 TURTLE']

[quote name='Tony said:

/quote]

And i was evesdropping while that convo was happening haha.

It would be cool event to go and watch though, whats the entrant list normally look like.

its between 40 and 60 cars.. the shtters are weeded out pretty quickly.. its amazing how people think their road car with a cage will do 12 hours