Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Oops, I think I broke my engine!

Percy

And now I'm confused...:confused:

Tried figuring out how to identify a RevC engine that isn't in a car, can't even figure out what I need to look for on mine to identify it!

Heads have 003 on both, block has 712 on it, yellow injectors.

So what do I need to look for to make sure I get a RevC not a RevA-B?

Marky said:
If anything an a-b might be a better bet? If you're planning on winding lots of boosty boosty into it or going single down the track the lower comp might give you a little more safety net

Interesting point, hadn't thought of that, makes sense to me!

And also just thought, head codes, A is 004, B and apparently C are 003.

Right, so I have a replacement engine, heads have 003 and 005 on them, VF31 primary turbo, so it should be the same as my original.

I don't think it has done many k's at all, it looks immaculate as far as hoses and other things that deteriorate with heat and age go.

So where is the best place to get a cambelt kit from?

Has anyone got any of the ones listed in the link below by subtech?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=951038203

So I got the engine in and everything hooked/ filled up today.

But now it wont start, I have checked fuel pressure, and all the earths.

It cranks fine, and seems like its trying to fire, just wont quite catch.

No CEL's showing.

I checked the cambelt alignment at least 3 times, before I put the covers on, so Im 99% sure its not that.

If I hold the throttle open it makes thumping noises out the exhaust, like its trying to fire.

Any idea's oh denizens of the interwebs?

Rosssub said:
Has it got spark? Are the coil plugs around the right way, black plugs at the rear and white at the front?

Havent actually checked spark yet, it started raining, and I had had enough bleeding for one day...

Plugs are around the correct way I think, if the wiring hasn't been messed with then one of them only reaches the correct coil, I'll check that too, just in case some derping has happened.

Rosssub said:
Did you check the fuel pressure with a gauge?

Narp, just the old unhook line, turn ignition on, watch fuel squirt out.

Not very sciencetifical, just lets one know the pump is moving some fuel.

I wonder if the injectors are all clogged up from the engine sitting around for ages?

The exhaust does smell of fuel after cranking it tho, so they are doing something.

It was the cambelt timing being all over the place.

It must have been all over the place with the cambelt that was on it, because I just replaced it and put the new one on the same.

Checking it with the instructions with x teeth here xy teeth there etc, it was a mile out, luckily doesn't seem to have bent anything.

Now to reset the boost controller and lock the screw in place this time!!

PS: Doing anything to the cambelt without removing the radiator is a prick, not recommended!! My arms now look like I've been in a fight with a Honey Badger.:eek: