Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

5x114.3 with R160, Possible?!

dmacnz

After some info on how i am best to convert to 5x114.3 on the rear of my GC8.

Currently I have a R160 and 2 pot brembos but with a 5x100 stud pattern. Due to wheel restrictions I would like to change to 114.3.

Whats the best way to get this done?! The front is all sorted. Just keen to get the rear to a more common stud pattern.

It's easy as hell I literally did it last week. Take hub assembly off give it to a machine shop and ask them to redrill it to 114.3. It's what I did, there's plenty of meat for a redrill of the holes.

This way makes no difference what rear diff youre running. You just need to get new rear brake discs or redrill them too.

Edited by ballsrburning

DacerX said:
could you just get disks from a V9 or something??

Yep that's what I did, but I have custom made backing plates so unsure if a oem backing plate would work.

The rear is easy to do, the front not so much. added benefit is you get bigger bearings on 114.3 setup at the front. Finding parts is not easy either unless you want to spend 1100-1700 usd on them pre done for you. Or go New Oem but that's not cheap either.

Thanks will look into getting it machines.

I a nice set of LIC hubs which accept 114.3 bearings. Pretty much a new age hub with modded up right a to fit the gc8 mounts. Also with a heap of roll and bump steer correction.

I have the 5x100 studs on the big bearings at present. But just a matter of buying new hub bearings and will be converted.

The rear is it can be machines is a nice idea. I was thinking maybe going down the r180 route but the 160 is going well for now. And don't wanna waste my near new Cusco LSD!

5x100 is a pain in the ass. No idea why Subaru went down that road!!

• Admin

If you don't mind if I hijack the thread because I'm currently at a Similar impasse.

I may or may not have the entire drive train for a V10 STi. I'm doing the conversion in pieces so I can compartmentalize it and all. To the best of my knowledge, my RA is R180 all round, so should I be able to do the conversion without having to do the 6 speed too?

Without doing the 6 speed YET. it'll happen

Edited by Dairusire