Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

boost cut in 97 RA

97 RA turned boost up 2 1 bar suffering boost cut . has orange airflow meter but is adjustable , dont no y it wont run 1 bar . unpluged boost controler and jst ran the factory setting boosted up 2 1.1 bar in 3rd then cut out . what would b causing this ?? AFM or wastgate solinoid? car is running a vf22 turbo as well

think it has jst a standard RA ECU . runs .8 .9 bar boost fine but 1 bar has a cry but took car up the street jst then at 1 bar and didnt cut out so im bit lost at the moment .

well... guess im jst assuming that it is boost cut. . what else could it be? runs mint at point 9 bar thinking of jst leaving it

would be a shame tho as i dont think .9 is realy getting the most out of the vf22 at all. AFM is adjustable has too screws on it

1 sez high the other low. neva seen 1 lik that b4 .. has any1 else??

Guest boostcut

i think you should try gapping your plugs, its possible that the slightly higher boost pressure is "blowing out" the spark.

Guest boostin
 tyroneRA said:

well... guess im jst assuming that it is boost cut. . what else could it be? runs mint at point 9 bar thinking of jst leaving it

would be a shame tho as i dont think .9 is realy getting the most out of the vf22 at all. AFM is adjustable has too screws on it

1 sez high the other low. neva seen 1 lik that b4 .. has any1 else??

Huh? Adjustable AFM?? Got any pics of it??

DPI said:

iridium plugs will allow more boost...

when i put mine in with new leads i had it miss twice on 1.13 bar, but sorted itself out after i reset the computer, i was told they could of been dropped. :-\

Do you have a electronic boost controller? as you seem to be able to play around with the boost easily?

did but pulled it out . nw i have jst removed the factory restrictor and replaced it with a homemade 1 with a bigger hole drilled in it. works great holds .9 bar dead on as where the boost contoler would spike thn drop back.

Guest itsgotgo

0.9 bar is what it will run on the waste gate pressure only.

the restrictor or pill will make no difference unless you have the right boost controll solenoid.

maybe you should reset the computer,or get it diagnosed by a mechanic :)

wastgate pressure was mre lik .6 was way 2 flat and yea the ristrictor worked fine went frm .6 to .9 and since car is 4 sale thnk i mite leave it . 97 RA 76 thou ks realy tidy if any1s keen

before i got my evc i ran off the factory wastegate and got 9psi on my vf22 so .6 sounds about right after i put the evc in we upped it to 16psi 1.13bar i only changed the sparkplug fuel filter and leads because i had a surging problem.

whats this about drilling holes into your restrictor ??? sounds dodgy :-\

Guest itsgotgo

ok mine has got the sti ra ecu with forester bcs and vf28.boost controll solenoid not hooked up and wastegate pressure on that is 0.9????

tyroneRA said:

how do u go about posting pictures up ?

i use firefox not sure if its the same with internet explorer but you right click over the image you want. Select "copy image location" then paste that into the post then high light it then click on the picture below the bold key. this will put the "[img|/img]" around it and displaying the picture just click preview to make sure it works 1st chur.

if you have the picture on your computer you need to upload to a site like photo bucket.