Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Want to swap exhaust manifold out for sti v7 with a VF30 turbo on BP Legacy GT

Decap

I've basically got a horrible hack job on the exhaust system for my Legacy GT Wagon (BP 2003) that I bought last year and I'm finally at the point where I'm going to replace it from turbo to tip - most likely with a full 3" custom setup because I can't find any decent turbo to tip systems that don't cost stupid amounts of money and I can't find any full 3" systems.

While I'm at it, I've decided I miss my top end boost and my WRX rumble. For some reason even though my TD04 is the 19T variant, it won't hold more than 12PSI boost at top end and I've seen a pretty sweet deal on a set of V7 STi headers + up pipe + VF30 turbo to go with that. 

Firstly, will the headers bolt straight onto the EJ20X/EJ20Y engine?

Secondly, will the turbo be clear of other parts in the engine bay? 

Lastly, aside from already having an AVO TMIC, is there anything else that I need to think of for this conversion?

Hrm, how will you attach the compressor housing to the intercooler? On those Legacies the compressor outlet points up and bolts directly to the intercooler. On a V7 (or anything up to V10 AFAIK) the compressor outlet points at the passenger side and attaches via Y pipe to the intercooler.

Having gone the other way myself, to twin scroll, I'm going to guess you'll need different water and oil lines?

• Admin

Is it the larger AVO one with the silicone hose inlet or the stock size one that bolts directly to the comp?

That 19t should be able to hold 15-16psi near the top end. Leave the stock TS headers in place with the turbo and get a decent turboback setup made and a tune. Won’t have the rumble but will go well and be a hell of a lot cheaper and easier than swapping to a single scroll UEL header setup.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recent Status Updates

• MrSg9Sti04

Afternoon team,
      im new to the group first time posting. Im hoping some body can help me get my launch control all dialled in on my link g4x. Ive had the computer and car all tuned from chris at prestige awesome knowlegable guy super happy with the results but now im wanting to get my launch/anti lag all dialled in. Ive been reading multiple different forums etc all with different conflicking information which has made me nervious with what do i listen to this or that if you get what i mean. Now ive started to make myself familiar with my PClink software etc the past few weeks and im eager to learn how to do minor setups or tweaks etc so im not relieing on my tuner so much and obviously saving myself abit hurt in the back pocket. 
      Now back to the question at hand.... Im wondering if theres and one who could please share there knowledge and wisdom with setting all my values, timing, fuel etc when i have launch control armed and engaged, or even a launch tune file they can possibly send me to load onto my tune. Ive figured out the setup of my digital inputs turning launch control on etc and its obvisously on its pre set factory settings. It engages but doesnt sound the greatest or as angry as it should i feel. Hence reaching out to you good buggers. 

Cheers in advance for any info and help yous maybe able to give me.

Cheers Shaun
      · 0 replies
    • Joker  »  gotasuby

updated your DP's too : hope that's ok!
      · 0 replies
    • Joker  »  SAS

Updated your DP's to reflect your business page  
      · 0 replies
    • Joker  »  Nachoooo

Updated your Avatar : couldnt help myself  cheers!
      · 0 replies