Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

cambelt noise?

G-unit

started the car up this morning and was sweet, came home about 10min later and had a weird noise coming from engine, like a woop woop woop noise,its a funny noise really and is a constint pattern , seems 2 be near the cambelt area on passanger side, pulled the cover off, and belt looks ok, what else could it be? 91 rs

have unpluged the aircon and took belt of alternator and its still there,

thorts please, mechanic said its ok 2 drive it still, hes having a look on monday but im going 2 the track day on saturday and wana be safe

Better off just slamming new parts in if its either of those. Gotta get the covers off and have a proper look to be able to tell whats causing the noise.

not a major job but u have to remove all of the timing belts and such

when u checked the timing belt was the car running as it may be a belt delaminating and u did not see the free bit flpping around in there

either way until u figure it out I would not drive it far :(

G-unit said:

garage just rung, cambelt was perishing,lucky i never took it far,brother buggered his s13 not long ago coz cambelt snaped

good thing you got this in time...

Could have turned out to be a lot worst, you just going to replace the belt of all the goodies with it?

Just out of interest, my car makes a loud woop woop noise as well, but only when i'm moving, and the woops get faster as i pick up more speed. louder than the engine sometimes (although my car is v quiet)

Kinda like a loud momentum noise..

I'm pretty sure it never used to happen =/

Bazza-NZ']

[quote name='G-unit said:

garage just rung, cambelt was perishing,lucky i never took it far,brother buggered his s13 not long ago coz cambelt snaped

/quote]

Could have turned out to be a lot worst, you just going to replace the belt of all the goodies with it?

hardout, so glad i never risked takeing it 2 the track ;) just replacing the belt, others were done at 133ks

G-unit']

[quote name='G-unit said:

/quote]

hardout, so glad i never risked takeing it 2 the track ;) just replacing the belt, others were done at 133ks

What is it at now??

I'd be asking why the last belt went first or has the belt reached its 100km mark? because if you replace the belt it might just happen again

b00mer said:

Just out of interest, my car makes a loud woop woop noise as well, but only when i'm moving, and the woops get faster as i pick up more speed. louder than the engine sometimes (although my car is v quiet)

Wheel bearing or tire issue

check tires for bulges or nails :)

DRFVDR']

[quote name='b00mer said:

/quote]

Wheel bearing or tire issue

check tires for bulges or nails :)

Can't see anything on tires. look great to me..I'll get the mechanics to look at wheel bearings. i read they need to be done every so often ::)

Thanks

got car back 2day, new headgasket,camseals rocker gasket seals all new fluids and cambelt and what not, all free as they took over 1 week and made me wait, great deal in the end,couldnt ask for much more.they even washed my car, very happy now

G-unit said:

got car back 2day, new headgasket,camseals rocker gasket seals all new fluids and cambelt and what not, all free as they took over 1 week and made me wait, great deal in the end,couldnt ask for much more.they even washed my car, very happy now

Mean deal....

bargain of the year right there

Good to hear that you have your car all back, not you don't have to worry for a while now, till the next thing goes wrong

boostin said:

Just out of interest, why was the head gasket replaced?? I thought it went in for a dodgy cam belt?

yea it did, young guy put it on and started car on 3cylanders so they took head off as thort was bent valves,they took parts away 2 be cheacked and it was a lifter had opened and not shut or summin so had 2 replace what they took off i guess

G-unit said:

yea it did, young guy put it on and started car on 3cylanders so they took head off as thort was bent valves,they took parts away 2 be cheacked and it was a lifter had opened and not shut or summin so had 2 replace what they took off i guess

That doesn't sound good ::)