Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Shipping Needed on Behalf of a Friend

Hi Guys,

I need your help.

You are generally good helpers i have noticed

I am swapping the subbie for another bat. issue is, gotta get the subbie upto auckland and the 7 down to chch. we have both thought about driving half way to meet each other, but the fact is, he is from whangarei and the other point is its near on 500hp its not the most economical car lol.

so really my question to you all is.

Who do you use?

What is the rough cost?

cheers guys

mike

chickinsteelcaps said:

try the company i drive for... NZVD (New Zealand Vehicle Distribution) or our parent company Automove....

Haha, we built a few of your b-train car transporters... lol Most of them were done for palmeston, but we have sent a few down to the south somewhere aswell painted up in NZVD and automove colours. Haha

Back on topic though, give automove a ring, they are pretty good. Thats who i would recommend.

lmfao is that why the've sent my scania back up to get fixed cos the guards are all loose? hahaha i heard a bracket had come loose and gouged a hole in one of the fuel tanks!!! i'm on acc at mo so not drivin the thing, it's a heap of poo, uncomfortable to drive, can't turn a tight turn.... i fell off the top deck of mine in picton at night just before xmas, landed on my head..

Honestly at the cost of 2 cars going most of the distance of NZ, its prob cheaper to meet each other half way!

Whangarei is a bitch to get to apparently, I have a mate here who runs Auto Despatch, and he quoted me $350 fron Auck to Welly, but then was almost double to Whangarei.

Ok, just called Jason, he said $850 + GST one way, so double it. Thats from Whangarei to CHCH.

• General Member

+1 on that, two tanks gas either way roughly $160 a fill (allow food+beverages at BP etc)

around $300 round trip? ignore accommodation as we are everywhere and I am sure someone hasa couch to rent

that is of course best case scenario and like you say is the simplest solution to get them transported - no time off/thing to arrange (dog to look after etc)

thanks guys, im only going one way..... its a swap, im not paying for my car to get up there, then for the 7 to come down haha

meet half way sounds good. but the sucky part is 2 x trips on the ferry