Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

v7 remaped

Pappu1

dimin said:

Hey pappu, the V8 only have intake AVCS too(think v11 is the only ones with int and exh?) - but the map had more cam advance than the v7's, from comparing the two.

hmmm so in essence the b8 ecu could run the v7 better? what do u think?

apperently it was boosting 20 on the factory setup and running really rich with the exhaust - did 205kw untuned

gary upped the boost by 1 psi and leaned it to 12.1afr and power went to 221kw..

he reakons i have a few more ponds worh in there and set me with a turbosmart controller

lol... not sure if i wana try tho ay

pappu said:

apperently it was boosting 20 on the factory setup and running really rich with the exhaust - did 205kw untuned

gary upped the boost by 1 psi and leaned it to 12.1afr and power went to 221kw..

he reakons i have a few more ponds worh in there and set me with a turbosmart controller

lol... not sure if i wana try tho ay

12:1 AFR is far to lean for an STI with top mount, he should have been aiming for around 10.8 - 11.2 AFR, at 12:1 you EGT will be up there. You would be better of adding fuel and upping timing. I have done a handful of V7,8 now all with basic mods making around 240kw atw. Also with the AVCS there is power to be made there also. I aim for 22 psi boost tapering to 16 psi at redline. What did he use for knock monitoring and EGT monitoring? Good result though but a bit risky IMO

oh dam.. i didnt know bro.. i just gave it to him to setup..

i will go back and ask for the plots for afr etc - dont think he was using egt sensor (only guessing so not sure)

240atw seems really good bro!.. i only have a exhaust and chucked in a walbro 500hp pump for safety..

thats abt it..

what sort of mods are you refering to (i mean any thing extra)..

should have come to u i guess lol.. how do u do ur ones bro?

Im not saying he did a bad job, but no way would I tune it to 12.1AFR on pump gas, not even with a front mount, it is just to knock prone. With basic mods such as up pipe, down pipe, exhaust, intake or panel filter, fuel pump all the STI's I have done make anywhere from 220kw to 240kw. I road tune, then if the customer wants to hire a dyno in their area I go with them and try to extract more power if need be. You should be good for 22psi boost at 11.1 - 10.8 with abit more timing than at 12.1AFR. Making more hp and safe temps.