Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Sway bars to suit BG

Looking to upgrade my sway bars to something pretty stiff now. Not sure what the standard size is on the GT s/w but assuming 16mm or similar (will measure on the weekend). I would like to get my hands on a, say 22-23mm one for the front and maybe like a 20-22mm for the rear. Do such things exist? I take it the GC8 bars are just completely different?

Handling wise I have decided to go to only 350-400lb springs on the front, and about 250-300lb on the rear for good NZ road handling vs. comfort, and take out the body roll with some good stiff bars instead. Struts are undecided yet but most definately would like a good brand under there like KYB, Koni or Billies... although I read somewhere the billies tend to stress when a bit lowered which I also intend to do by an inch or two.

In this thread I really want to investigate comments about sway bars mainly... Does anyone have any experience in the sway bar world. Costs, what's available, possible flow down effect problems. Any comments would be appreciated.

GC8 are the same in shock wise so i assume the GC8 and GF8 will be similar in sway bars (but some can correct me on that) (i know the rear top hat will need to be swapped on the rear) thats about it... i think

Whiteline make what you want, I have both the front & rear sway (rear is adjustable to 22mm) they have the anti lift kit and sway bar links also.. autolign or SAS can get that stuff in..

last week strongs subaru in penrose had the anti lift kit and sway bar links both front and rear for $165 that a mean deal..

MAD said:

I have both the front & rear sway (rear is adjustable to 22mm) they have the anti lift kit

What's the roll like with those then... Any, none? Quite interested how flat it sits with 22mm rear. What's in your front end?

gadget']

[quote name='MAD said:

I have both the front & rear sway (rear is adjustable to 22mm) they have the anti lift kit

/quote]

What's the roll like with those then... Any, none? Quite interested how flat it sits with 22mm rear. What's in your front end?

depends what strut and springs its paired with chap

GT_Head said:

I believe that the BG GT-B's got bigger factory rear sway bars than the GT's. Did they get 19mm over 16mm in the GT's, Can anyone confirm this for me??

I think you'd be pretty safe to say the GTB's got the 19mm as thats what mine has in it (factory)

I am watching this thread and waiting for someone to pop up and say about something they've tried in thier BG as I've been looking to upgrade mine for a while now but everyone I talk to tells me different things lol, so pipe up any BG owners with modded sway bars!!

This may be a silly question, but do WRX to legacy sway bars fit front or rear. Just something I read. I thought being essentially totally different cars, so would the sway bars. But if I find a 23mm Front bar from WRX (whatever year), will it fit?

Soz for the dumb question... :P