Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

front mount on twin turbo

zarnah

hi all can anyone who has pics of front mount piping setups on twin turbos post them up? In the process of setting mine up and would like some pics for ideas. Oh and before you go flame me for doing it, i dont want to hear it. Just the pics/ideas please. Thanks

Guest boostin

The best I've seen uses the factory turbo-to-intercooler pipes (unbolted off the tank), and the intercooler piping starts from there. That way it retains the intake control valve after the secondary.

Guest vf20/21bg5

i have a really eyecatching frontmount on my gt i built it from a $250 piping kit from lightning motorsport in ham and a $200 frontmount from driftsideracing up north plus bits of pipe and a collector and a couple more silicon joiners$100...i have=nt seen a better one yet......it also takes a shorter route than the one on trademe does....and a big noticable power increase too!.........a bit of a mission posting pics on here for me at the mo so give me your email addy and ill send them too you.....I MUST STRESS THAT I DID HAVE TO MODIFY/CUSTOMISE HEAVILY THE PIPES THAT CAME OFF THE 2 TURBO,S TO MAKE THEM GO FROM 2 INTO 1 (COLLECTOR)AND CUT AND WELD AND RELOCATE 3 OR 4 VACUME HOSES PLUS THE BUTTERFLY VALVE THAT ACTUATES THE SECONDARYY TURBO OUTLET FLOW ETC ETC ETC....IF YOU ARNT THAT MECHANICLY MINDED ID SUGGEST YOU BUY THE $600 ONE OFF TRADEME AS IT JUST BOLTS STR8 UP......HOWEVER IF YOU LIKE THE THRILL OF DOING THINGS FOR YOURSLF IN A MORE FREEFLOW CUSTOMISING WAY GO FOR IT!.....but again in all its not going to be cheaper than the kit on trademe if done right and thy dont sell just the 2in1 pipe that comes off the turbo's too as ive asked them...

vf20/21bg5 said:

IF YOU ARNT THAT MECHANICLY MINDED ID SUGGEST YOU BUY THE $600 ONE OFF TRADEME AS IT JUST BOLTS STR8 UP......HOWEVER IF YOU LIKE THE THRILL OF DOING THINGS FOR YOURSLF IN A MORE FREEFLOW CUSTOMISING WAY GO FOR IT!.....but again in all its not going to be cheaper than the kit on trademe if done right and thy dont sell just the 2in1 pipe that comes off the turbo's too as ive asked them...

well as said I have pretty much unlimited supply of piping and bends and silicon joiners, also allready have an intercooler lying around that im going to use, and have a MIG welder, cut off saw etc so im pretty much set to do it myself, pics would be great of your setup though! [email protected]

Guest vf20/21bg5

why do supercars have them......why do most hi performance cars have them.....id say due the fact that it cools th air over a grater mass being it a bigger intercooler and all, and the fact its at the front in the open away from the hot engine giving denser air mass to the engine str8 off the mark after idling at the lights for a minute or 2(that a top mount fails at unless thr is sum huge winds blowing in yr bonnet scoop while sitting thr) im a good judger of my car/engine and certainly noticed the difference st8 away.....and...i was expecting a huge amount of lagg hearing the stories and all,but i didnt notice it at all......i do think tho that the way i had customised the pipes str8 off the turbo's into the collector has helped in the freeflowing properties of my system

Guest vf20/21bg5
 zarnah']

[quote name='vf20/21bg5 said:

IF YOU ARNT THAT MECHANICLY MINDED ID SUGGEST YOU BUY THE $600 ONE OFF TRADEME AS IT JUST BOLTS STR8 UP......HOWEVER IF YOU LIKE THE THRILL OF DOING THINGS FOR YOURSLF IN A MORE FREEFLOW CUSTOMISING WAY GO FOR IT!.....but again in all its not going to be cheaper than the kit on trademe if done right and thy dont sell just the 2in1 pipe that comes off the turbo's too as ive asked them...

/quote]

well as said I have pretty much unlimited supply of piping and bends and silicon joiners, also allready have an intercooler lying around that im going to use, and have a MIG welder, cut off saw etc so im pretty much set to do it myself, pics would be great of your setup though! [email protected]

sending you some pics now m8,please excuse the weld splatter lol and messyness of the engine bay but the engine is only to last me till the end of nxt year thn my monster build will be going in

Guest vf20/21bg5

my bad didnt mean to say "supercar" ...sort of was meaning cars that are of monster tune status to me are supercars(huge turbo's) .......i didnt mean th v8 supercars with no turbo's altho they do have a front mount engine cooler on them dont thy?..

Guest vf20/21bg5

...Man i make one mistake and you big boys jump all over me lol....**** i better double check,tripple check b4 i press that post button :'( ;)

Guest vf20/21bg5
 zarnah said:

knew some dick head wouldnt be able to read the first post and turn this into a big debate

calm down calm down its ok m8 hehehe......did you get my pics as what you asked for in your first post that i sent you to your email addy???..thr was a few problems in the beginning sending them but gmail said thy wer sent at my end finall ;)y...yay i just sorted out how to post pics!!!

i really do hope thy help you build yours as without a word of a lie it did increase my performance and the way the engine breaths........ i had the same size intercooler as the kit 4sale on trademe to,its just that its hidden by the bumper as i didnt want to fully destroy the look of the front end.....also sorry that the bov blocks the view to the primary turbo outlet but its similer to the seconary outlet minus the 3 vac hoses and butterfly valve.....thy took some tight tolerences wen modifying the original alloy intercooler pipes to connect up to the 2" exhaust pipe(make sure it overlaps the alloy part tightly and add a tiny bit of heat resistant sealant) but like i said earlia if your mechanicly minded then it wont be a problem at all.....oh yea plus as an added bonus the air thru the bonnet scoop also blows cool air onto all the pipes leading into the intercooler and engine,but also blows cold air onto turbo's so keep those turbo shrouds on or take thm off and wrap the turbo;s in heat wrap as i have and while yr at it wrap the exhaust(or just the primary outlet depending on if you use both turbo's alot).. till about just after th y-junction...........ps you can also slide the pics a little to the right too.........car019.jpg?t=1259942805car012.jpg?t=1259943586' alt='>'>car012.jpg?t=1259943586car005.jpg?t=1259944060car004.jpg?t=1259944187car032.jpg?t=1259944364car039.jpg?t=1259944465TRADEME017.jpg?t=1259944616TRADEME064.jpg?t=1259944884