Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Historic SUBARU in NZ ?

Hello, The historic SUBARU and older Generation : 360, FF-1, Leone/Loyale, Brumby, XT, and SVX are populars in NZ ? Is there a museum or exhibition of historic SUBARU ? ???

Which region where i can find a lot of SUBARU ?

Thanks... :D

There is a Subaru museum - Mitaka, Tokyo, Japan. While you're out there, go seven stops further out on the train and go to Car Do at Tachikawa.

There are no museums here, or collections, apart from what the people have. You're dealing with a country that has the roughneck side sorted - like the gravel roads and the stone chips, but nothing posh to back it up :P Our meets are unofficial, fly by the seat of our pants. Subaru NZ, the officials, hardly notice we're here. But that's alright ;D

We just get in here and love our cars. What you see on the website is what you get.

As for where you can find lots of Subarus... the region is called NEW ZEALAND ;D This is because, as above, we have plenty of gravel. Plenty of mountain roads also. Plenty of farms, bad weather, under-maintained roads. Yet ironically one or two motorways here and there that could handle what an STi can give, but the speed limit is 100km/h here (so no clowning off when you get here!).

Closest you'll get to something official is breezing through Armstrong or Winger Subaru dealerships up and down the country. They really don't have much in the way of WOW factor aside from the VERY OCCASIONAL older car - GC8 STi et al, though it's more likely to be just a WRX or N/A ;) There's been a facelift BC5 once or twice, but by cripes that's a rare sight and the last one was years and years ago.

• 6 months later...
 DRFVDR said:

Go visit wiamaks he got a collection as does oldskoolsubbie and I got couple :) that is about all u get round here

Where is WIAMAKS ? ???

I saw a SUBARU 1800 GLF in Whangarei, today, cooool !

You pretty much will never see a 360 or FF-1... Ive never seen one and Ive been looking :P

Theres a few leones left..

Brumbys are the most common of that series shape.

Theres more Omegas around. Ofcouse they are a bit newer and havnt rusted out the same.

Theres a few vortexs and SVXs around. You could be lucky to see one svx a day driving down here.

A Vortex 6 um only pretty much at my place lol

And there are still Fuji Rabbits around... But only see them out on classic bike/scooter runs.

Old Skool Subbie said:

You pretty much will never see a 360 or FF-1... Ive never seen one and Ive been looking :P

Theres a few leones left..

Brumbys are the most common of that series shape.

Theres more Omegas around. Ofcouse they are a bit newer and havnt rusted out the same.

Theres a few vortexs and SVXs around. You could be lucky to see one svx a day driving down here.

A Vortex 6 um only pretty much at my place lol

And there are still Fuji Rabbits around... But only see them out on classic bike/scooter runs.

LOL, thank you, where are you from ? I'd like to see your collections... :P