Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

WRX's wanted for wedding

Just received an email from a lady who wants to hire some (nice) WRXes kind of rally like for a day in March. If you can let me know and I will forward these on to her! Email as follows:

Hi ya Chris,

Snow at Manukau Subaroo suggested I contact you guys as you may be able to help. We are trying to track down a couple of people who would not mind hiring themselves and their WRXs out for a wedding on 6th March in Manurewa, Auckland.

We're hoping to find a couple of cars badged up to look similiar to rally cars....it'd only be for a couple of hours on Saturday 6th March from 4:45 - about 6:30/7pm. If we can't find anything badged up we can work around it.

Hoping you may be able to help.

Many thanks, Julie

Hi there, thanks so much for your offer, your model would be perfect, unfortunately there's not too many with the "rally" look that are certified for the road out there so we would appreciate it if you're free for 1-2 hours on Saturday 6th March form 5pm til about 6 or 7pm.......how does $100 an hour sound and a tank of gas?......your photo looks like Albany Hill...are you on the shore? We're in Manurewa and teh wedding's just up the road.

f6teen said:

Hi there, thanks so much for your offer, your model would be perfect, unfortunately there's not too many with the "rally" look that are certified for the road out there so we would appreciate it if you're free for 1-2 hours on Saturday 6th March form 5pm til about 6 or 7pm.......how does $100 an hour sound and a tank of gas?......your photo looks like Albany Hill...are you on the shore? We're in Manurewa and teh wedding's just up the road.

Heya :) Yeah sadly it doesn't go the part, but at least it's cheap on gas :P All sound and fury! Not a lot of tyres letting go. Is it going to be doing anything spectacular on tarmac, or grass? Grass it's fine (read: entertaining to watch go all over the place) but a bit slow on tarmac.

Offer sounds good to me, though honestly it'll only need a half tank. I'm over in Meadowbank so really not far away; the photo is from Scenic Dr in Waitakere, this car's home territory :)

I shall keep my calendar specifically clear for that day!

Cornf3: As usual, JIZZED MUH PANTS. That 22B of yours is pure secks appeal and you know it! Don't know if it'd appreciate being covered in stickers, but holy snotcakes it does NOT get more genuine a rally look than that.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi ya, hoping you're still ok to lend yourself and your car to us for our wedding in March? Let me know your number and I'll give you a call closer to the time to organise details....if you'd prefer you can email me at [email protected] if you'd rather not put your number on here.

The gunmetal blue is a gorgeous colour, don't see too many of them around....no worries if it's a non turbo.....it's more just for the photo really as I'm a Subaru rally enthusiest (unfortunately have to have a station wagon) but one day I hope to have a WRX in the garage as well....or maybe an RS to race myself...dreams are free!

Anyways, catch you later, once again many thanks, talk soon.

Julie

All good no problem, I don't mind my number being on here; everyone has it already ;D

Amy is the name; 021 238 9476. You can flick me a private message on these forums too and I'll receive that same as an email.

There is a similar WRX up here in Auckland, he just doesn't seem to lurk on the forums much. It's stock, and absolutely beautiful. Having two matching ones would be fun - just need to catch the guy ;D

How many more do you want? Just one or two, or shall I rally the troops?

Pity my spare Legacy won't be running at the time most likely. Turbo sedan in a similar colour :)

Keep me updated. I'll do all I can to make epicness happen!

Fastfour said:

Pity Im working otherwise I would have been keen as.

Only problem is the car only has two front seats.

Will see what I can do.

DSC00264.jpg?t=1266126163

All real race cars only have two seats dont they :)

Guest Fastfour

Hahaha.... would be fun with four.

Ooo that pic is missing the wing.

Its been two months since the car hasnt moved under its own steam.

Thanks Amy, will be in touch. We just need the one thanks.....our dogs are our wedding party and my other half will need to drive them up in my station wagon...so all good. Once again thanks heaps and thanks to everyone else who is offering!

• 2 weeks later...

Thread bump for you f6teen.

Polishing the car up this week, ready for Saturday. Will fill in a few chips as well ;D

If you want to flick me details, you can get me on 021 238 9476 (more likely to answer txts), or obsidianmishima (gmail) via email.

Cheers ;D