Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

engineer with nylon or alloy skills (adaptor needed)

dubbedup

Im trying to fit new rims on the leone... so im after a nylon or alloy hub adaptor, approx 25 mm thick with suby 4x140mm going to 5x100- i have studs here,

anyone in the industry that can wip up something... does not need to be flash, its jsut for test fitting really...

thanks

DRFVDR said:

I could but dont have a lathe :(

steel would be my choice as it will be as strong if not stronger than stock

other way is try and source some XT6 hubs as they run the 5x100 but use the leone axles and stuff ....( oh and good luck on finding them)

Or u could just buy these

118834598_full.jpg

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=269227001

I was just going to put that linky up from TM lol.

Another thing you could do if convert to legacy type brakes/ disks etc... easyest thing to do is get cross breed converson hubs kit from OZ.

Also alows you to convert to hand brake in the rear.

ok they dont need to be lathe'd, a 20-30mm block of nylon/alloy would do... with 9 holes in the appropriate places would do the trick...

Cant see that link so will look after work.

not really after a conversion at this stage, im just playing around with ideas, altho swapping hubs to the XT6 stuff sounds like a go'er,

dubbedup said:

ok they dont need to be lathe'd, a 20-30mm block of nylon/alloy would do... with 9 holes in the appropriate places would do the trick...

Cant see that link so will look after work.

not really after a conversion at this stage, im just playing around with ideas, altho swapping hubs to the XT6 stuff sounds like a go'er,

XT6 hubs are as rear as hens teeth infact some guys in the states would pay almost as much as it would cost for to get the cross breed converson kit.

XT6 disks are 800 dollars a disk for the front :o Thats why mine still isnt road legal.

So thinking the cross breed kit would be a much better option and you would be alble to get cheaper after market disks and use twin pot or even 4 pot front disks if your project was to eventually go with a wrx converson or more power etc if you were thinking of going that way

Oh yup you have a Brumby. If it had been a latter shape leone/omega shape you can directly bolt either front or rear legacy hubs on... with a little moddifcation. But I cant remember weather it was front or rear? The other side is the problem and is alot completcated to convert.. thats were alots of guys tend to go CB kit.

But im not sure if you can do what I talked about above to a brumby?

have had adaptors made up in the past for my oldschool corolla's ~$400, but not sure if i will like new school mags on it... i have several sets of 5x100, and a set of 16x10 off road wheels so just trying to get a pic of where i want to go with it ....

nzkaosnz said:

talk to any CNC engineering shop.

Nylon = not good.

Alloy or steel is the only go for a bolt on adaptor. Even then - dubious legality with a 4-5stud adaptor

I could have talked to a CNC shop but am after somthing a bit hori and cheap...

Nylon will be fine to test fit 1 rim on. im not after a full set and im not intending on driving round on it...

• 1 month later...
 DRFVDR said:

I could but dont have a lathe :(

steel would be my choice as it will be as strong if not stronger than stock

other way is try and source some XT6 hubs as they run the 5x100 but use the leone axles and stuff ....( oh and good luck on finding them)

Or u could just buy these

118834598_full.jpg

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=269227001

hehe they mine now ..... hoping to pick up this weekend. now i just gotta get the leggy going so i can take the leone off the road and put discs on the rear plus these...........:)

• 1 month later...

bit of an update, have sussed other wheels to try and fit but need to be redrilled to fit the leone stud (4x140) has anyone got any ideas on how to centre these somehow for drilling? maybe time to take them to someone with a lathe?

anyone in Dunedin got the skills ?