Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

new wof regs

dubbedup

I have heard a wee wisper about modified front bumpers will soon be a wof fail, can anyone confirm this?

Im sure cert will get around this but for many with/without a cert and FMIC this could cause another headache...

any wof inspectors on here?

i'd say they are doing ti to make eveyones cars look the same..like all the camrys make by 10 different manufactures (off topic i know)....also will cause lots of $$ in fines as the ppl wont be able to get wofs... will mean lots of BR cars are off the raod...etc.

I heard this from a good source so was seeing if it was true...

DRFVDR said:

I will make it either look factory

or will make it a bullbar :)(which is proberly why they doing it to stop bull bars being used )

Best brumby bumper ever;

pic000051.jpg

Also the best $30 rattle can spray job ever

this is why i am asking, my factory bumper has been cut so much to fit FMIC also is held on by cable ties as every grass autocross it gets destroyed...

im hoping this is not true as it means big hassle for me...well i gotta get a cert anyways but it is another strike against car modifications!

Well this law used to mean cutting or modifying the bumper bar or support beams. I cant see why they should kick up a fuss for modifying the skin as it does sweet FA anyways. Unless youve put spikes or razor wire on it - its not going to make your car appreciably less safe.

ive done a few front mounts on the GDB abd GDAs and we have to cut a few bit to get it fit. a whole bar have to come off. my mate got his warrant the other day and they never said anything about it apart from his bald tires

• 1 year later...
 mazdahard said:

I dont see how they can fail you for having a modified bumper sounds like a crock to me

You can fail a vehicle on a modified bumper if its 'external projectors' are too sharp.

Ver6-Ra']

[quote name='mazdahard said:

I dont see how they can fail you for having a modified bumper sounds like a crock to me

/quote]

You can fail a vehicle on a modified bumper if its 'external projectors' are too sharp.

could you stop dredging up old threads

-smurff

Guest vf20/21bg5

They cant possibly fail a modified front bumper unless in your modification you have limited its structure so that if upon it comming in contact with a person it disintergrates into bits which may harm or mame sumone, ie cutting a bumper steel support brace which sumtimes runs the length of the bumper to allow fitment of a frontmount etc, in that case they could deem it unsafe...(i think). Or poor fibreglassing to a point that if it hits a person at speed it disintergrates into big sharp fragments......these are just my thoughts from when i issued wofs

Guest vf20/21bg5
 dubbedup said:

I have heard a wee wisper about modified front bumpers will soon be a wof fail, can anyone confirm this?

Im sure cert will get around this but for many with/without a cert and FMIC this could cause another headache...

any wof inspectors on here?

maybe they are just cracking down and becomming harder on the discretion of some mechanics as so they look deeper into the above facts? Just my thoughts.