Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

licence demerit points?

i got pulled up may last year for speeding and that took me over my demerits...so few weeks later a dude came round to serve me and take my licence but i wasnt home...

anyway ive managed to avoid them in almost a year..

What im wanting to know is, my last three fines that incurred demerits were may 2007,may 2008 and may 2009....

so do they drop off 2 years after each specific fine OR from the date of the most recent one?

Hope that makes sense!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

they drop off 2 years from each fine you pick up but you will loose your liscence regardless and if you get pulled over the cops can take it off you then and there on the side of the road and youl be walking home so its best you hand yourself in and get it over and done with

"anyway ive managed to avoid them in almost a year.."

Man thats awesome haha.

You'd be screwed if Seth Rogen rocked up in one of his many costumes to serve ya lol.

Don't you have to go to court for that sorta thing? Or is that just drink driving?

Guest boostcut

your lucky!!! play innocent when they do catch up with you tho... this way they will let you drive home and follow you there..

Lol yeah well they should do, unless they want to drive me and the 3 kids home! :)

I have been randomly pulled up twice since may last year (when i got the fine that pushed my demerits

over 100) and they checked car,licence etc and let me carry on....

wrx_lou']

[quote name='missGTB said:

i havent activley tried to avoid them,but im a driver that obeys all the rules now so have not been pulled up :)

/quote]

how the **** did you get all your demerits in the first place then?

Just get it over and done with.

over the past 3 years i have had 4 speeding fines...since i got the gtb, although ive learnt now!

missGTB said:

Lol yeah well they should do, unless they want to drive me and the 3 kids home! :)

I have been randomly pulled up twice since may last year (when i got the fine that pushed my demerits

3 kids????

And your driving around while the police are looking for your licence for speeding demerits?

And people complain about "Boy-Racers"

Do the right thing and go hand it in!!!!

This sort of shit makes me sick!!!

"Oh i need my licence cause i have three kids" Blah Blah Blah

If you needed it so bad don't bloody speed!!!!

dubbedup said:

are you sure you have lost your liecense?

i was just thinking that...but the baylif or whoever came to take my licence may 09 but only hubby was home

How do you actually find out how many demerits you have left? Couldn't find anything online, and my speeding tickets didn't say on them?

madmike']

/quote]

3 kids????

And your driving around while the police are looking for your licence for speeding demerits?

This sort of **** makes me sick!!!

Errr ok lol....its not like im a crim on the run, i have been pulled up for random checks since and they havent said anything...and when i say speeding fines im talking 114km in a 100k zone (2 yrs ago) and the last one in may last year, i was just speeding up as i was close to 70km sign and the cop got me at 61km only metres from the sign... im hardley a racer type!!!

missGTB']

/quote]

3 kids????

Errr ok lol....its not like im a crim on the run, i have been pulled up for random checks since and they havent said anything...and when i say speeding fines im talking 114km in a 100k zone and the last one in may last year, i was just speeding up as i was close to 70km sign and the cop got me at 61km only metres from the sign... im hardley a racer type!!!

SPEEDING IS SPEEDING!!!

I get sick of seeing people that were only doing "110KPH" crash and kill and maim themselves or people in their cars..

Maybe losing your licence for six months may teach you a lesson...

Call the police and find out..

madmike']

/quote]

3 kids????

Errr ok lol....its not like im a crim on the run, i have been pulled up for random checks since and they havent said anything...and when i say speeding fines im talking 114km in a 100k zone and the last one in may last year, i was just speeding up as i was close to 70km sign and the cop got me at 61km only metres from the sign... im hardley a racer type!!!

SPEEDING IS SPEEDING!!!

ahh ha! what a lesson i have learnt tonight :P

JORDI said:

How do you actually find out how many demerits you have left? Couldn't find anything online, and my speeding tickets didn't say on them?

you ring the police station and they look it up for you and tell you when they expire. not land transport afaik, i rang police to get mine.

well i have no idea how the system works..

im trying to figure it all out.. do demerits 'reset' when you go from a restricted to a full licence?