Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

1996 Legacy GTB ??

gtlegacy

Heya,

My mate is looking at buying a White 1996 Legacy GTB Factory Manual

as far as i see it the car should have EJ20R Engine sti v3-4 Bspec gearbox yellows bigger turbos vf 18 and 19 bigger axles 4.444 ratio and 3 plug ecu

but what he told me was that it had grey injectors ??? I dont get that it cant be standard can it? or do some have the greys and the better ej20h motors?

gtlegacy said:

its got bilsteins and the gtb bilstein sticker dual electric sunroofs (gtb only perhaps) if it was a gtb it wud only be able to run the yellows and ornage afm because thats the only ecu that will fit it to make it go?

not all ej20r blocks run yellows my old one run green YES green..and they run grey

but best you get the ecu code that will tell u...and yes r blocks run ornage afm

i was told the r block never come out with yellows and they put in??

this seems stupid though because arent the gtbs and rsb meant to be the high power version if they mnauals so y would they put grey injectors in there? if its a gtb what should the chassis code be bg5a bg5b or bg5c?

and yea joker what you talking bout? 20psi at 3k?

gtlegacy said:

this seems stupid though because arent the gtbs and rsb meant to be the high power version if they mnauals so y would they put grey injectors in there? if its a gtb what should the chassis code be bg5a bg5b or bg5c?

and yea joker what you talking bout? 20psi at 3k?

yes there are 8-9kw more .. lots of r blocks run on grey injectors ... look a the chassis tag it will say ej20r or ej20h ..but saying that any motor could be in there .. best u look at ecu as the true r block ecu with just run that and and not a h block.. find out that the hard way ;D

JoKer']

i think it was a crossover year and could have either...

Irregardless of weather it's a crossover year, if it's a "GTB", it should have yellows and be a B rev.. And the GT-B and GTB is just semantics, but i do know what you're talking about there are few accounts of BG5A's with bilsteins. I have no idea what the true story is there.

[quote name='gtlegacy said:

but shudnt if its a gtb manual have an ej20r with smooth cam covers?

BG5B and C GT's with 20H's have smooth covers also, there are 2 generations of the EJ20H. There's no way to tell the later 20H's from 20R's, short of checking the numbers on a subaru computer (injectors is the other way, but those can be swapped).

It could have just been a GT, the BG5B GT's look just like the GTB's. And heck, it's not hard to stick on a bilstein badge.

Only way to know is checking the tag in the engine bay

ok so we got the wagon and something i have been wondering it has a plug just in behind the intercooler that goes through its own grommet above the unused plug taped to the rest of the loom the wires im talking about has 2 wires but there is nothing i can see that plugs into anything anyone else with a 96 gtb got the same wire but connected up