Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Mega Meet 2010 Video ideas

djr03

as some people remember i made a mega meet dvd last year and im keen to make another for this year

so im looking for ideas on what i can film etc

i had an idea of filming a few members cars and have them talk about what they have done to them etc (like an interview type thing)

so if anyones keen to tell people about there ride let me know! (and aint camera shy ;))

also if you have any other ideas on what i could add in the video or do with a the video just reply here

im looking at doing a dvd and hopefully a bluray version (if i can source enough 1080i hd video)

thanks

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume your going to be putting a camera on the pit wall and also as close as possible to the track somewhere to get some action shots?

What about doing a tour round the pits showing the different cars and the different things people do to them? Maybe make the whole day like a doco and film the cars arriving, drivers briefing etc?

Guest keltik

I really like the idea of a doco style intro with a brief interview on everyones cars. Would make for major lols. If anyone wants to play a charismatic "presenter", let me know.

I also want someone who can drive manual to take my wagon over to the tui brewery so i can stand out the sunroof like a tank commander :D

keltik said:

I really like the idea of a doco style intro with a brief interview on everyones cars. Would make for major lols. If anyone wants to play a charismatic "presenter", let me know.

I also want someone who can drive manual to take my wagon over to the tui brewery so i can stand out the sunroof like a tank commander :D

hahaha this is a must!!!

-smurff

keltik said:

I'd volunteer but you may not like my slow pace........ I could always volunteer Mike though

Guest keltik

I cant remember what it was last year, but you get a nice DVD in a nice case and its worth the money. Plus this year i plan on adding a lot more fun stuff to it. djr does a good job of cutting it all together.

al said:

You could do the 'cats-eye cam' - and we could take turns running over djr03's new camera at speed :)

sounds like a real good idea right up untill you mention it being my new camera lol

presenter idea sounds good but who would be keen for that!!! anybody??? i guess first we need someone to interview lol

Guest keltik

I'm happy to give the presenter idea a go, just need a cameraman to follow me round for half hour in the morning. Altho i think notafoz or Joker would do a better job of it

like i said all we need is a presenter type person, i can do the camera work etc and if any one has a good vocal style microphone with a decent length cord would be helpfull (and idealy a 3.5mm connection)

• Admin
 djr03 said:

like i said all we need is a presenter type person, i can do the camera work etc and if any one has a good vocal style microphone with a decent length cord would be helpfull (and idealy a 3.5mm connection)

this i should be able to bring with me. presenter? i work in radio...

video camera out the legacy sunroof - pointing back towards every car following on the track, passing the legacy one by one. must.

djr03, you will be able to claim media back from the club if your gear uses DV tapes etc.

we also have booked a photographer for friday.

its only a sony hd handycam i know :( but didnt have the bucks to fork out for the flash stuff that have xlr connections on them! you have to get the top of the line handycams just to get headphone & mic jacks on them! these days most of the cheaper models dont even have them!!

i also had to get an adaptor from england to mount my external mic on it as its different to the standard accessory shoes

dont need to worry bout media its a hard drive camera but thanks anyways