Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Potential blown headgaskets + resolution

Shale

Right so... my 20G-powered Legacy that's been missing coolant and farting it around everywhere; went to once again top it up today (about 2 Litres went in), and I noticed that the remainder of the coolant was milky.

>:(

At this point I'm assuming I should simply rip it out...replace the headgaskets with metal 20G ones... and replace all the f**ked old coolant hoses? I'm getting over this and want to hit it with the STOP FAILING stick...

Guest keltik

Sell all cars, buy honda. End of story.

Or remove engine, spend some real money, stick new gaskets/seals/hoses on it.

Guest boostin

Drain all the coolant out of it, flush it and fill it with water only. Run it and see if you get bubbling at the radiator cap that smells like exhaust.

Shale said:

Right so... my 20G-powered Legacy that's been missing coolant and farting it around everywhere; went to once again top it up today (about 2 Litres went in), and I noticed that the remainder of the coolant was milky.

>:(

At this point I'm assuming I should simply rip it out...replace the headgaskets with metal 20G ones... and replace all the f**ked old coolant hoses? I'm getting over this and want to hit it with the STOP FAILING stick...

well u know what a mission I just been thru tracking down coolant leaks but yeah try and trace it to an area if you can. Replacing the hoses is a good idea if it aint been done b4. That's a hell of a lot of coolant to lose........so this is a suspected blown head gasket rather than a leak from a hose or water pump or seal?

compression test would be a good start. its not gauranteed to tell you if your gaskets are blown but its easy/quick to do and most of the time its worked for me. itl also tell you if the bottom ends in good nick so you know id its worth doing head gaskets on, you dont wana replace gaskets on a tired engine.

Guest boostin
 dubbedup']

[quote name='dubbedup said:

eb Civic would to the trick hahahah

/quote]

I'd own it

You'd own it as in buy it?? Or own it as in have it for lunch??

boostin']

[quote name='dubbedup said:

eb Civic would to the trick hahahah

/quote]

I'd own it

You'd own it as in buy it?? Or own it as in have it for lunch??

both lol ;) but i meant i'd use it as a cheap daily, think bout how much a tank of gas would last.....

Yeah but it sounded pretty foul heading down the road this morning :P Ewww HonDORT.

Post-Megameet I'll push forward with the pipe and header tank replacement plan, which will involve draining and filling with water so I can get that over and done with (mmmm exhaust sniffing).