Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

1 or 2 wastegates on twin turbo

Hey, I am thinking about putting better wastegates onto my 95 twin turbo RS, but wondering if I need 2 new ones since its twin turbo? Or do I have to get a bigger wastegate like a 45mm or do I just stay with the 38mm and get 2 or 1, im lost.

As said before, whats wrong with the factory setup? you will have two on a 95 as it will have the vf13-14 combo, thae later ones just use one wastegate. you could just use 1 eternal wastegate if you like but i dont see the point unless your wanting to run it venting to get the sound, and its sill a wasto of money.

yea nothings wrong with the factory wastegates i just wanted the sound that the wastegates make, thanks for the answer of 2 :) and do you need to remove the factory wastegates to put on a new wastegate? does anyone know how much it usually costs to get wastegates put in? yea myt be bit of a waste of money, but just looking into it and how much it would cost to get that sound, thanks

Dont bother with a cheap copy wastegate. get a genuine tial for about 300. Installation can cost anything from 100 up. Havin two wastegates I'm not too sure on how you would control the boost with one but i'm sure someone on here can help your out.

Aww k thanks wrx_lou and swindogs and everyone before for all your replies and help, very useful, looks like a very costly thing :)

wrx_lou said:

Dont bother with a cheap copy wastegate. get a genuine tial for about 300. Installation can cost anything from 100 up. Havin two wastegates I'm not too sure on how you would control the boost with one but i'm sure someone on here can help your out.

Depends which car it is.

Early BG/BD5A's have two wastegates. BG/BD5B's and C's have only a primary wastegate. Some BE/H's have dual gates too, but i don't know which ones.