Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

hid headlight kits

Jonnysnow

smurff said:

HID lamps get VERY hot, much hotter than normal incandescent lamps, thus they cause can cause things to melt.

-smurff

maybe my ones were cheap shit then, they were'nt hot or even warm, weird. The lense to touch were normal.

U can always do a headlamp upgrade to the dual headlight version(there are kits out of the UK but farken expensive) these usually use a steel backed headlight unit (well 4) which can take way larger (in watts and heat) bulbs,Then relay the bulbs on seperate relays :) then u have light lots and lots of light......

Also just running your normal lights thru upgraded wiring and relays will make a huge difference (this is what I have done on my RX )

Ive fitted a Aftermarket Kit to my honda. Even after about 6hours driving with them on, there's no heat in the lens.

I use a 50w 6000k. And it is so much better.

Conversion arent legal, due to OEM have different reflectors.

2 reasons:

-HID's need to have a "top cut off" this is what blinds the on coming traffic. Somtimes you can just get away with adjusting headlights. I havnt adjusted mine, and dont get flashed either.

-The spread of light sideways is different. Conversion tend to be more "spotlight" than a nice even spread like an OEM kit.

I found a thread with pics showing the differences with HID conversions and OEM HID, but cbf finding it right now.

Only lens ive seen melt was a small fog light with a HID conversion done.

You get what you pay for, Cheaper kits tend to fail quicker, and induce noise into the electrics.

petrolheadjman']

With the stray light and all that,

how do legacy's like the BH handle this? Cause i am thinking of putting some in mine

AS per Smurf the BH (non-poverty pack models came fitted with them)

[quote name='smurff said:

BH or cars with the HID already in, the housings and reflectors are designed for the style of light.

-smurff