Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

4 pots - again!

Guest Bemrose

Guest Bemrose

hey guys

just scored me some cheapy 4 pots of trademe, now i want to give the rear some attention, will 4 pots fit the rear too? or do i have to get the smaller matching 2 pots?

any help would be great, not really sure about what will fit and what wont, disc sizing etc etc

cheers!

reubs

This has been covered plenty of times if you do a search on here with the search function you find everything you need. Simply you will need 2 pots. If you have an r180 diff they will fit. Otherwise you will need to change hubs or get adaptors.

www.godspeedbrakes.co.uk have them for example. Youll struggle to get adaptors in NZ.

*edit Sorry that does sound weird - you dont NEED 2 pots on the rear, i shuld have said if you want 2 pots on the rear.

it can be done on R160s as well Bemrose - as is with our wagons.

the two pot rears and brembo rears have the same mount points.

you can leave single side rears and use 4 pot fronts with no problem of bias if thats what your worried about.

Pm me if you want some more info.

funkytown']

[quote name='Bemrose said:

cheers guys

so in simple, no 4 pots wont fit in the rear too? need 2 pots

/quote]

you could put fours on the rear.. just not subbie 4 pots that go on the fronts.. (im splitting hairs now).

As Swindog said, "anythings possible"

depends how much custom stuff you want to have to deal with though.

Guest Bemrose

hahaha fully understand now, yeah i didnt really explain it well, wanted to just get 2 sets of subbie 4 pots and smash them on front and rear

Probably not a good idea anyway mate. Your brake balance will be up the bum and probably find become twitchy under semi high brake loading.

You need to maintain your braking balance to the front.

Going from 2 to 4 in the front is big difference in itself. Youll be impressed.

Singles to twins in the rear feel different too but not so much if you know hwat i mean lol

funkytown said:

just get blingbo's ;D

rueben - if you do 2 pot rears (either earlier 2 pots or the brembo 2pots).. to keep the R160 rear end you'll need to do a hub conversion using V7/8 WRX (read: non sti) hubs. - these bolt right up no worries fyi.

Or get adaptors. Pros for adaptors - cheaper Cons - if your backing plate aint perfect youll get disc rub when they get hot.

Hubs - more expensive but fool proof.

v7/8 hubs not that $$

also regardless i had to smash my backing plates out the way on brembos' and v/8 hubs... there was no way around it. the rotor is much bigger in diam.

they are easy to smash outa the way tho.

adaptors also come from overseas yer - and seemed $$ compared to the v7/8 hubs. (when i looked anyway)