Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Dirt Roads / Trails in South Auckland

Hello,

Despite my love for exploring and semi off-roading I was wondering if anyone knew of any trails / roads that are gravel / dirt where I can take the Subi? It's a B4 so nothing extreme, but I do like it a bit messy ;)

Most of the roads off SH22 in Tuakau. Go explore Te Akau and Port Waikato, bro :) Take Klondyke road if you have balls that hang down by your knees. (Read: one section has a giant drop on BOTH SIDES and no fences or barriers...take this section SLOWLY.)

Basically...go down to Tuakau, cross the bridge, and dive down any of the roads down there. Take a map. :) This is where they run the WRC. Nice roads, bit of corrugation. I can't take the Impreza down there any more :(

Shale said:

Most of the roads off SH22 in Tuakau. Go explore Te Akau and Port Waikato, bro :) Take Klondyke road if you have balls that hang down by your knees. (Read: one section has a giant drop on BOTH SIDES and no fences or barriers...take this section SLOWLY.)

Basically...go down to Tuakau, cross the bridge, and dive down any of the roads down there. Take a map. :) This is where they run the WRC. Nice roads, bit of corrugation. I can't take the Impreza down there any more :(

Sweet, yea thanks. I'm in Puke so Tuakau is like 10 mins. I'll go this weekend, I know Murrays rd but trying to see some others too :D

Shale said:

BTW, why can't you take the Impreza?

I bet you tasted a bit of bile on those words :P

Hurrhurr yeah, it's got suspension that's far too solid. It'd break every panel of glass on the car and ping every single light bulb :-[ I've got the Legacy for that now though. Stock suspension ftw :D

Hahaha I can imagine ;D

Let's just say Fastfour commented on my struts being of a similar level of hardness as his race car with more firmness and less rebound kick :P Even a brick lane like the one I live on is bumpy. Lmao. It ain't no gravel car any more :(

Yea man the Port Waikato - Raglan Road its pretty much all gravel ;D.

No barriers so your buggered if you ass out, pluss its a long way from any workshops ect and has limited or no cell phone signals.

Ive had a fang out there a few times its pretty wicked, but you gota watch it cause it gets pretty narrow sometimes and there is a few other cars on the road.

You should ask your neigbors and stuf to tear up there paddocks haha

Set up a super stage! 8)

I don't see how this thread differs from:

"Where are some good roads to boyracer on?"

Which would be flooded with comments such as "save it for the track" etc.

Gravel and lessened traffic do not alter the fact you're talking about public roading

Guest boostin
 sultan said:

I don't see how this thread differs from:

"Where are some good roads to boyracer on?"

Which would be flooded with comments such as "save it for the track" etc.

Gravel and lessened traffic do not alter the fact you're talking about public roading

And can you please quote where anyone talks about doing anything close to illegal activities please?

I travel those roads very often when I go jet ski'n at Port Waikato and Tuakau......I would be mighty fucked off to find another car tearing it up towards me......the locals would prob fire a warning shot off at ya anyway.

Exactly. No one mentioned doing anything illegal, or silly. But someone's got extra tight underpants on it seems because he thinks no one knows who he really is.

Cough.

Like is said above; these are fantastic roads to have an explore of as they are plentiful. Come summer, I'd happily do SMALL! cruises out those ways for an afternoon of fun. There are idiots occasionally, but they ain't in Subarus. They're mostly local lads in rugged Corollas doing twice the speed limit despite oncoming traffic ::) Had to dodge a few in my time.

Hey, this would be a good weekend drive.

Go to Port waikato, carry on along waikaretu Rd untill baker RD (on your left)

left onto Wairamarama onewhero RD,

Right onto Matakitaiki RD

left at the end onto highway 22,

Right onto Maurice RD (by the old Glen Murray school)

Left onto tikotiko RD

right onto Glen Murray RD,

Left onto churchill, go to the end of that road and you will pop out in pukekawa, go right and its 10 min back to tuakau from there.

NSTAG8 said:

Hey, this would be a good weekend drive.

Go to Port waikato, carry on along waikaretu Rd untill baker RD (on your left)

left onto Wairamarama onewhero RD,

Right onto Matakitaiki RD

left at the end onto highway 22,

Right onto Maurice RD (by the old Glen Murray school)

Left onto tikotiko RD

right onto Glen Murray RD,

Left onto churchill, go to the end of that road and you will pop out in pukekawa, go right and its 10 min back to tuakau from there.

Sounds cool, i'll try it this weekend maybe, happy to do it with others too. Btw, is that a far trip, or is it near the Tuakau, Murry Rd area?

unsure of the exact distance, maybe 150 to 180ks, from the old Glen Murray school its a 100km loop to go to the port and back. so add in the others its a bit more.

you will pass murray road on your right as you come to tuakau bridge, if you wanted to do it, go right onto mile bush road, and after you will come to an intersection and murray road will be on your left. i would be keen to join ya, but im destroying the fireplace in my house with some mates, i am Living in Glen Murray.