Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

removing rear sway bar

jack up rear of car,

undo drop link nuts/bolts from sway bar end (do both sides).

undo swaybar chassis mounts (x2)

remove drop links if replacing with new items.

place new bushes on new swaybar

attach sway bar to chassis

attach drop links to lateral arms end

attach one drop link to sway bar if you can (sometimes harder)

jack up or let down car(as required) to line up hole in sway bar with link. The 2nd one usually takes about 5mins manipulation of up or down on the jack to line up.

Guest keltik

Tip1: Get both wheels off the ground with some good axle stands. Then you can attach the sway-bar on one end and use the jack on the 2nd wheel to move it up or down till everything lines up. Altho really it should all line up fine with both wheels off the ground.

the whiteline website mentions to change the swaybars with the wheels on the ground - my interpretation of this is to jack the vehicle up, sit the vehicle onto axle stands under the trailing arms or similar, to load the suspension evenly. This is how I change mine around.

It's one of the easiest things to do that I've done on my car thus far tbh, the hardest part is sliding the bar out with the wheels in the way if you have widish wheels tbh. (and that's not really that difficult)

(which iirc is easier on the back than on the front anyways)

I just did it with the wheels on the ground, otherwise the drooping wheels put some pressure on the swaybar.

Undo the bolt at the bottom of the c link. Push the bolt back out of the swaybar. Leave the bolt in the c link. Unbolt 2 bolts on the u clamp.

Do likewise on other side. Swaybar will fall off.

I just put bricks under my tyres.

Oh, and also, the metal round clip that the bush goes into, it has a little tag at the front that goes into the chassis, and a bolt at the bumper end. Turns out if you don't put the clip in and do up the bolt, it's still a wee bit loose ( i.e. dangerous )

FrontSwaybarthingie.JPG

( I know this is the front )

awsum thanks!!

so u all think its beter to hav the weight of the car on the tires to do the rear as makes it rasier

as opposed to

having the weight of the car on axle stands so the tires etc are hunf free..

what method wud be easier - weight on or off?

just set it up so you can put weight on each wheel or take it off as required, a jack and brick arrangement works fine.

different shocks and swaybar stiffness'es will vary..

just get under and jack up or down as required to destress the bolts holding it - its not rocket science man :P