Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What ECU's are you guys using in pre 97 TT to single T conversions

marc

As title states ;D. What ECUs does everyone seem to be using? I know all use v3/4 sti ones when converting EJ20R lagacys but what about the earlier ones say 94???? I dont play with the earlyr lagacys that much but Im trying to help out a m8 who is new to the subaru scene :o. Thanks

the repinning of a 4 plug to a WRX STi 3 plug is not bad to do at all, the pins are so farkin easy to take out its not funny.

You Definitely need the RIGHT diagrams (plenty around here) and its made easier if you use a v3/4 engine loom too (but not essential)

BUT, i do suggest in no way should you attempt it if you have zero technical or electrical apptitude.

One area i found to be fundamental was getting the earths 100% correct at the ECU i.e. the BG5 earthing system is a little different to the v3/4 WRX layout.

Luckily i had a entire v3/4 loom to work with for testing & comparing Etc.

For my BG5 TT to ST conversion i cut all the plugs and started again, used a 1S v3/4 ECU.

gazzy2000 said:

the repinning of a 4 plug to a WRX STi 3 plug is not bad to do at all, the pins are so farkin easy to take out its not funny.

You Definitely need the RIGHT diagrams (plenty around here) and its made easier if you use a v3/4 engine loom too (but not essential)

BUT, i do suggest in no way should you attempt it if you have zero technical or electrical apptitude. One area i found to be fundamental was getting the earths 100% correct at the ECU i.e. the BG5 earthing system is a little different to the v3/4 WRX layout.

Luckily i had a entire v3/4 loom to work with for testing & comparing Etc.

For my BG5 TT to ST conversion i cut all the plugs and started again, used a 1S v3/4 ECU.

Lol ill be fine all day every day in this department so no worries there. Just after the least effort to help him out as he wont wna pay much if anything so I cant be bothered sitting there with an iron,solder shrink tube, 2 pinout diagrams and a sore head from all the flux smoke from a few hours soldering lol. Thanks guys. Had spoken with afew about the v1/2 wrx ecu repin idea but thought some1 must have used a v3/4 ecu that way we could use yellows without chipping the ecu ect. Anyway thanks once again :).

I have successfully made two BD/BG5a to v3/v4 adapters (and converted my own car), they are totally plug and play, and depending on what coil configuration you use, it wont require any rework to the loom.

PM me if you need help or want an adapter making.

kamineko said:

is the auto loom no different? my loom mods are to accommodate the MT swap. well. i'm almost at the point of finding out :)

if it helps, i lent an auto BG5 4 plug ECU to a garage to use in a 4 plug manual TT BG legacy and it was fine.. no codes etc

but yea, thats interesting really, coz what about the manual position switch etc

plus Nick, where are your pics of the green beast?