Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

new symptoms with turbo (again haha)

slystiguy

well, after replacing my uppipe ive had nothing but problems. I put the turbo back on after leaving it off since the last stint. I took her for a drive today(with the coils not bolted in properly ops) and it has a massive boost leak. Like im hitting 3k car starts hissing with boost, I cant see where its coming from an I had quick check of the boost plumbing seems all good.

I did actually make 1 mistake when i was reinstalling, the turbo intake piece hose clip wasn't holding tension so I just left it seeming as it was only the intake piece. That my problem?

its a huge leak, like all boost is going out if where ever its coming from (yay i get to disassemble it for a fourth time >.<)

the other thing was idle problems, it started first pop as usual. drove off down the st fine. Rolled up to the lights an the thing is dropping idle an almost stalling (coils were checked at this point)

would boost leak cause this idle problem?

im hoping like truck I can find the leak an fix it an problem solved but is anything EVER that easy ?

WRXONP said:

a good tip is if u can have the engine running and have a can of brakecleen on u to spray that were u think it is leaking ie joiners etc...when u hit the sweet spot (the leak) the engine will splutter / missfire

Dont drip it on a hot exhaust or it will go up in flames

I learnt that when I was 14 on my old paddock racer :'(

slystiguy said:

brake cleaner + turbo = fail thou?

im heading around to liquids place hes offered to have a look (thanks dude)

Is your insurance up to date ....... ;D

fuk no, you know how much it costs to insure my car 3rd party with previous "boy racer" history O_O

800$!!!!

free glass cover was nice...

No but seriously it gets driven maybe once a fornight if im lucky, its wof an regd, but hopefully I will get to drive it abit more when the turbo an Gbox issues are sorted...

ive been biking to work everyday for almost a year now...

I see cheap runabouts come on TM all the time but why spend 800$ on those when I can spend it on my subaru!

FUK YEA SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW, had my first proper boost in like 6 months LOL.Liquid fixed it up for me :P

turned out one of the intercooler pipe bolts had come off an was leaking badly(I swear it was there when I put it together very funny) he also fixed other issues related to my bad install of piping ;D replaced a few clips an stuff

;D VERY VERY VERY HAPPY ;D

thanks again Liquid Ice!!!

(im alil embarrassed of my car an lack of mechanic skills now)