Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Differences in gearboxes: GTB, V3/V4 WRX/STI

gmeago']

[quote name='WRXONP said:

yeap noticed off the chart the final drive is different...seems to go bloody good with this gearbox

/quote]

Super!

Now, back to the thread..

I would prefer a GTB box as, one could only assume, that it hasn't been thrashed as badly as a WRX / STI..

Anyone have the tools and know-how to fit a box for me?

its not hard to do man! your akl based tho eh?

Freddy said:

mine does about 3400 revs at 100 km/h :( but thats probably because its one of the imprezza super shift gearboxes made by pivot? number 1856/5000 according to the gearbox codes its the same as the 22b gearboxes...

That's curious. The gearhack chart shows the exact same ratios and final for a 22B gearbox as my 5CA.

DM Impreza WRX STi R & RA Ver.III/IV MY97-98

(also STi Type R V-Limited Ver.IV MY98) TY752VB5CA 3.083 2.062 1.545 1.151 0.825 3.416 1.000 4.444 DCCD (35:65) Open Widened 1st,2nd,3rd gears (EJ20K models only)

JDM Impreza 22B TY752VB6SZ 3.083 2.062 1.545 1.151 0.825 3.416 1.000 4.444 DCCD (35:65) Open Specially treated gear components

Your gearbox definitely has the code: TY752VB6SZ ?

GC8E2DD']

[quote name='Freddy said:

mine does about 3400 revs at 100 km/h :( but thats probably because its one of the imprezza super shift gearboxes made by pivot? number 1856/5000 according to the gearbox codes its the same as the 22b gearboxes...

/quote]

That's curious. The gearhack chart shows the exact same ratios and final for a 22B gearbox as my 5CA.

DM Impreza WRX STi R & RA Ver.III/IV MY97-98

(also STi Type R V-Limited Ver.IV MY98) TY752VB5CA 3.083 2.062 1.545 1.151 0.825 3.416 1.000 4.444 DCCD (35:65) Open Widened 1st,2nd,3rd gears (EJ20K models only)

JDM Impreza 22B TY752VB6SZ 3.083 2.062 1.545 1.151 0.825 3.416 1.000 4.444 DCCD (35:65) Open Specially treated gear components

Your gearbox definitely has the code: TY752VB6SZ ?

oh no my bet i checked the code and must have mislooked the first time -_- , found the info about it though

same ratios but its got a lsd front diff stock ;D

do you have a normal RA or a v-tld one as well?

JDM Impreza WRX STi RA V-Limited Ver.IV MY98

Code:

TY752VB6EA

Ratios:

1st. 3.083

2nd. 2.062

3rd. 1.545

4th. 1.151

5th. 0.825

Rev.: 3.416

T.R.: 1.000

F.D.: 4.444

Mid diff:

DCCD (35:65)

Front diff:

Helical LSD

gmeago said:

You also have to remember that if you've changed the rolling diameter (IE put different sized tyres or alloys on the car) then it'll be out quite a bit.

I checked my speedometer VS my Navman and discovered that at speedo 100kph, road speed was actually 91kph or so. Road speed at 100kph was speedometer 108kph.

To this note, I 'thought' that my car did 2,800rpm @ 100kph - whereas it was 2,800rpm at 91kph.

Yeah, sorry for off topic gmeago. Is just getting yours rebuilt an option? Every time I think I should start shopping for a replacement someone convinces me to rebuild mine so at least I know what I've got. Trouble is, it is a lot more expensive so it just goes on the backburner again =\

Freddy, my 5CA is identical to your box as far as I can tell - same rear and center diff, just different front diff. As gmeago says, if you are running 3400 at ~100km when everyone else sees 3200 or there abouts, perhaps have changed the OD of your wheel and tyre combo?

GC8E2DD said:

Yeah, sorry for off topic gmeago. Is just getting yours rebuilt an option? Every time I think I should start shopping for a replacement someone convinces me to rebuild mine so at least I know what I've got. Trouble is, it is a lot more expensive so it just goes on the backburner again =\

Freddy, my 5CA is identical to your box as far as I can tell - same rear and center diff, just different front diff. As gmeago says, if you are running 3400 at ~100km when everyone else sees 3200 or there abouts, perhaps have changed the OD of your wheel and tyre combo?

yeah i thought about that but its still running all stock appart from a pod filter lol coz i didnt buy it to long ago and dont have the money yet to start building it the way i want it :-\

GC8E2DD said:

Yeah, sorry for off topic gmeago. Is just getting yours rebuilt an option?

Option, yes. In reality, not particularly feasible!

Might be considered to be cutting corners or being a cheap skate - so be it.. I'm trying to save for an OE at the same time as paying off a small loan and paying through the teeth for rent in Onehunga - all while 'living the dream' Gen_Y lifestyle hahaha